CPU temperature monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU temperature monitoring

I recently got a new Pentium4@2.8GHz 800FSB PC with an Albatron 865PE Pro motherboard. I noticed in the BIOS setup that the motherboard is monitoring CPU temperature, voltage and fan speed. This reminded me of an old thread here in Apolyton where people were discussing monitoring these statistics from their desctop, using a windows utility. I tried to find such a utility on the web, but I was surprisingly unable to find anything.

Can somebody spare me the trouble and point out some such utility that is freely available online?

Also, what kind of temperatures should I expect from such a system?
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
    George Orwell

Motherboard Monitor: http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

Temperatures depend on airflow, case, cooling etc. Anything under 50C is usually good, but 50-60 is acceptable but not recommended. 70C+ is bad.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I use AIDA 32.

My P4 2.40c GHz system runs at 30-35º C

Comment

I like MBM because of the Dashboard feature.

(hopefully they fix the images problem soon )
        Attached Files
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I don't need to look at the data all the time, I load AIDA whenever I'm arsed to check the temperature. It doesn't fluctuate greatly anyway, and the CPU fan is always going to be around 2,400 RPM =)

Comment

Thanx alot guys.

Btw, Asher, you have an odd looking taskbar. What OS is it?
            "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
            George Orwell

Comment

He has a custom Windows XP theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
                I don't need to look at the data all the time, I load AIDA whenever I'm arsed to check the temperature. It doesn't fluctuate greatly anyway, and the CPU fan is always going to be around 2,400 RPM =)
                My CPU fan varies from 1,400 to 2,400 automatically depending on temperature

And I agree that you don't need to look at the data all the time, I don't normally have the dashboard open unless I'm overclocking. But I keep the tray icon open because it records temperature statistics (max, min, etc) as well as provides warning should any fans fail.

Comment

now how often do fans really fail?

I never check my fans nor my temperature.

And in the summer I keep my house pretty warm to keep cooling costs down. It's usually in the low 80's in my house except in the winter where it will be in the 60's.

Comment

Can anyone tell how the voltages are supposed to 'act' btw?
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If it's within 0.25V of its intended voltage it's good.

Comment

How does MBM5 work? Just installed it and my dashboard has sensors 1, 2, and 3 reading 32 degrees f. All other readouts are at zero. How do I configure this?
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

You have to pretty much play with it and determine which sensors are what, then label them.

To edit them, double click on the MBM taskbar entry and click "Temperature" and stuff on the lefthand side.

Comment

Working...
                          X