yes, in Kabul.

But what about the rest of the country?
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
      yes, in Kabul.

But what about the rest of the country?
      "We should be seeing some results by now, shouldn't we?"

Some means some - if we are only seeing results in Kabul that is still some. However in this thread I have posted a link about Paktia Province - did you bother to follow it.

In another thread a couple of months ago i posted information on progress in Bamiyan province. (and was told, IIRC, how atypical the Hazaras of that area are)

In another thread I posted information about progress in Kandahar (and was told that it was not a good indication of progress, since it was a city and most of the population is rural)

I cannot and will not repeat every post i have ever made on Afghan progress.

Nor do i think i need to show progress on every issue, in every province of the country to show that there has been progress.

Lets turn it around - YOU show the issues where you think there is inadequate progress, and the places where this is happening.

As for the status of women, there has clearly been major progress in Kabul, some progress in smaller cities, and relatively little progress in the rural areas. Given how LITTLE in terms of resources the coalition has put into the country, and how deep a part of the culture this is, this is pretty decent progress. Its the job of AI of course to push for more.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Sheeeesh, and I though we had a magic wand that could resotre or inflate economies with the flick of a wrist...

Same sheit going on in Iraq with everyone going why isn't it fixed yet? What are you doing? Where's their government? Whine, whine, whine... AND THE FIGHTING ISN'T EVEN OVER YET!!!!

Blah, you all disgust me...

Well, not all, just those who expect immediate results when the solutions take time...

Speaking of which... Why is Poly still all messed up! It's been a whole day!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
        X