What's a decent cd ripping utility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a decent cd ripping utility?

I am moving my cd collection onto my 2nd harddrive and am trying to find a decent ripping program. I've tried a couple today and in the past, Windows Media, winamp, musicmatch jukebox, but wasn't impressed with the results. Popping or crackling in the recording. I don't particularly care which format its in, as long as its usable, ie. mp3 or wma etc. and I was wanting to record around 192 or so, possibly less or more.

Or is the popping from some hardware or background task?

My machine:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    p4 1.7
    784 PC800 RDRAM
    Soundblaster live value!

thanks for the help.

dBpowerAMP Music Converter 9.0
    from www.download.com is popular.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This seems to be the droid you're looking for:
      .xyz is for every website, everywhere.® We offer the most flexible and affordable domain names to create choice for the next generation of internet users.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It seems me and Sloww were thinking along similar lines.
        Can't help you with the popping and crackling noises I'm afraid.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Re: What's a decent cd ripping utility?

Roto-Zip, it looks like it will rip through anything........

Comment

I rip in Windows Media Player 9, because I prefer WMA9 @ 192 to MP3 @ 320.

If you get crackling and popping it's most likely a problem with a digital audio connector (or lack thereof) between your soundcard and audiocard.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've used both WinAmp and Windows Media, both with acceptable results. I like the extra info that WM puts in its MP3s, though.

WHat's a good conversion utility, if I want to convert an MP3 from 160 or 192 to 128 bit?
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's a bad idea to convert from one format to another. Because of the way they work, converting from one to another gives you the downsides to both codecs and usually sounds horrible.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dang.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I used Winamp and had no problem myself.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I find that a plain old one handed hatchet works pretty well myself.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        I find that a plain old one handed hatchet works pretty well myself.
                        But it can be messy and sometime you hurt yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                          If you get crackling and popping it's most likely a problem with a digital audio connector (or lack thereof) between your soundcard and audiocard.
                          How would I fix that, outside of getting a better soundcard?

Comment

search google for "audiogogo"
                            it's brilliant

Comment

Uh, CDex. Duuuuuuh.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X