Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are quarrels bad or good for a relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun

I thought there was no such thing as a perfect relationship, though.

And I usually equate perfect relationship with no arguments or disagreements. This, I thought was not possible.
    Who said it was a perfect relationship? Call me "Mr Picky" but I'd expect a lot more than just not quarreling to fit that category.

There's no mystery to it at all. We've both got good communication skills, we're both skilled at giving constructive feedback, we've got common goals in making the relationship work, we talk to each other and we look after each other. That's all there is to it.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Has anybody made the mandatory post about make-up sex?
      What?

Comment

Not arguing is fine if there really is nothing to argue about.

Arguing is fine if it is an argument and not a spitting match.

Freedom to express oneself freely within a relationship is what's important, and both sides should exercise this freedom to avoid any ill-gotten hostilities.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't know that quarrels are a necessary part of a good relationship for EVERYBODY but I do think they are a necessary part for most people. Bottom line is that most individuals will disagree about something . If the something matters, a quarrel may ensue.

My parents have also been marries for 40 years and in all that time I never saw them quarrel. However, they assure me that they have had several. They consider it a normal part of two people expressing themselves
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Relationships suck.
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

My parents argue all the time! Not fight, but argue. People laugh at them because of it.

They argue about mundane and arbitrary things. They once argued for four hours on a plane about the term "realistic fiction"... My mom said it was a good term, my dad said if it's fiction it's fiction!

It was funny.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                Not arguing is fine if there really is nothing to argue about.

Arguing is fine if it is an argument and not a spitting match.

Freedom to express oneself freely within a relationship is what's important, and both sides should exercise this freedom to avoid any ill-gotten hostilities.
                Makes sense to me.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                X