Jealousy

Main Entry: jeal·ou·sy
    Pronunciation: 'je-l&-sE
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural -sies
    Date: 13th century
    1 : a jealous disposition, attitude, or feeling
    2 : zealous vigilance
    When does being protective of a special someone crosses the line to become "zealous vigilance?"
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

when you start going into the public bathroom w/ her?

I dunno. Im not the jealous type cause Im so confident(or full of it) w/ myself type.
    :-p

Comment

Re: Jealousy

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
      Jealousy

When does being protective of a special someone crosses the line to become "zealous vigilance?"
      Isn't this the "special someone" who could kick your and my asses into next week?

What's to "protect?" (besides the "protector?")

The basic answer is when you start attempting to deny the other person their own choices and freedom to act as they see fit, based on whether or not you'd approve of such act.

Regardless of your relationship, another person who is a mentally competent adult has the right to do all sorts of things you might disapprove of. You can make your feelings on different issues known, but once you start trying to actively steer the other persons actions or interactions, then you're skating right over the line.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Re: Re: Jealousy

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        Isn't this the "special someone" who could kick your and my asses into next week?
        That's not that question, Michael

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
        You can make your feelings on different issues known, but once you start trying to actively steer the other persons actions or interactions, then you're skating right over the line.
        What I am not sure about is this "steering" part. I think it's okay if a person tries to reason his SO of doing something he considers to be stupid or dangerous. Emotional blackmail is not okay. Where is the line?
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

There are no rules. When your Jealousy gets too annoying to your partner, he will kick you out. Where exactly the end-of-tolerance line is in your relationship, is for you to find out (or better not....)
          If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Jealousy

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

That's not that question, Michael

What I am not sure about is this "steering" part. I think it's okay if a person tries to reason his SO of doing something he considers to be stupid or dangerous. Emotional blackmail is not okay. Where is the line?

I think you answer your own question. The line is crossed when you steer them for selfish reasons rather than out of concern or best interest.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

when you start 6 threads on apolyton about her
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

If you're upset that your SO is seeing other people, or might be, and there is no good reason, that's jealousy (more or less).

FE, if you really think SO might be hurt by said other, that's a good reason.

If you think you'll lose some control over SO, that's jealousy.

Anyway, if you're the jealous one, you probably won't make a rationale assessment of which is which. You've had a LOT of threads in a similar vein lately, UR, what's going on?
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

let the actress go...

Comment

BC: Thanks, that's what I have been thinking

Ted: October is here, you should sense the dread already.

Theben: I am fine comrade. It's autumn and absence of my SO that did it.

Comment

So why the question?
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Damn, Ranger!
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think it's a good song, not Natalie Merchant's best by any means.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

UR, release yourself...

Comment

Azazel,

Originally posted by Theben
                              So why the question?
                              I think about strange things when I am alone at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X