Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul
    Equatorial Guinea - Togo 0-1
    What's your source? The BBC (towards the end of the article), says the result is the opposite: that Equatorial Guinea won 1-0.

As for a system for the African matches, I just started with looking at the Fifa rankings. Then personal prejudice and things I might've heard about some of the teams. I had imagined that goal scoring was usually pretty low in Africa, so I adjusted down for that as well. It worked... so-so, I guess. I'd just have wished for a Benin win and a draw in Eq. Guinea. I figured those were the greatest chance predictions of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum

What's your source? The BBC (towards the end of the article)
      Actually, reading through that again, it also says Sao Tome e Principe lost 0-1 at home to Libya. It was a hassle getting quick news from these matches so errors could easily have slipped in in some sources, and it looks like that's what has happened.

Comment

Yes, the official Fifa website confirms the BBC scores: http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/event/pr...40,1036,1.html
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I got my results here. It's the only site I could find that had match results for most matches on the day they were played, but I guess that means that there will sometimes be mistakes. The results of those two matches are now changed on that site as well. So here are the new standings after I corrected those two results:
          Code:
           1 Kitschum          25 (+2)
           1 Paul              25
           3 Fergus Horkan     23 (+2)
           4 Big Crunch        19 (+2)
           4 Bas               19 (-1)
           6 Zopperoni         18 (-1)
           6 MikeH             18 (+2)
           8 Wernazuma III     16
           8 Al'Kimiya         16
          10 Locutus           15
          11 Kaos XIII         11 (-1)
          12 Chilean President  9
          12 OneFootInTheGrave  9
          14 JCG                8
          15 Wille              6

Comment

For the African matches, the BBC also has results on the day they are played (the BBC is probably the best English online source for any Africa related news -- football or otherwise). Heck, they even have (very brief) live match reports (though 'live' sometimes seems to include a lag of a few hours ).

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ > Football > Africa > (the main story when matches are being played)
            Last edited by Locutus; October 14, 2003, 17:52.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
            X