Intel, IBM, Texas Instruments Set to Release First 90-nm Chips This Quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattH
    Yeah, I think he ignores these things every once-and-a-while .
    Actually, his last post was at 11:52 CT. I don't think he's been online for awhile.

C'mon Ashtroll! Get your ugly troll face back online!
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

You really have nothing better to do, have you?

Comment

Why is it that I am the only one that has downloaded 'chicken.wav' (see above)?
        Last edited by Mr. Nice Guy; October 2, 2003, 19:59.
        HAVE A DAY.
        "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
        For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
          You really have nothing better to do, have you?
          Nope. Bored out of my mind!
          HAVE A DAY.

Comment

Where did I ever say IBM won't release 90nm chips this quarter?

What I said was it wasn't big news that IBM was heading to 90nm, like you were acting that it was in the thread. What I said was Intel was releasing 90nm chips this quarter (hell, AnandTech's already benchmarked it as of yesterday), so IBM's feat wasn't worth a thread.

Perhaps if you got your facts straight it'd be more effective in trolling.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Intel, IBM, Texas Instruments Set to Release First 90-nm Chips This Quarter

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
              Also, Apple did indeed begin shipping its Dual 2.0 G5 PowerMacs before AMD even released its Athlon 64 chips. On a personal note the Athlon 64 hasn't even been widely adopted by OEMs.
              Opteron is in the same price bracket as the G5s and has been available since April. Nice try.

And the benchmarks on the G5 PowerMacs look very promising.
              If by promising, you mean equivalent to the speed of a 2.6GHz P4 based on the old core with the slower 533MHz system bus, then sure. I call that obsolete.

I wonder what else Asher is wrong about. Of course, 99% of the time he's just trolling us.
              I wasn't wrong about anything here.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

ASHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

What are you? A BIG CHICKEN? Boc-Boc-Boc-Boc-Boc-BAWK-Boc-Boc-Boc-Boc-Boc-BAWK-Boc-Boc-Boc-Boc-Boc-BAWK!!!
                Some of us have class and school to go to.

It must be nice to be in the social sciences and have ample free time.

Comment

For the record, the IBM chips at 90nm this quarter aren't the G5/PowerPC 970 like you imply. They remain 130nm until H1 2004.

Comment

All this time I thought it was Mr. Fun...

p.s.: j00 w3r3 0wnz0r3d, Mr. Nice Guy
                    cIV list: cheats
                    Now watch this drive!

Comment

The only IBM fab plant that'll be at 90nm this quarter is the new East Fishkill, NY, and it's not in mass production yet. They're not even going to reach optimal production until mid-2004.

That's where they build their contract ASICs, like Nvidia's NV40.

Comment

Why does Ashtroll expect me to believe him now? Especially after he lied that he was wrong!

BTW, I call you Ashtroll for a reason, bud. You like to give people a hard time.
                        HAVE A DAY.

Comment

At least he adds things to his posts like "facts" and "information" instead of just going OLOL YOU'RE WRONG CUZ I SAID SO.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                            At least he adds things to his posts like "facts" and "information" instead of just going OLOL YOU'RE WRONG CUZ I SAID SO.
                            Tell him to go back and look. I'm not gonna do his homework for him.
                            HAVE A DAY.

Comment

IBM's SOI process is crap. My ex-company learnt this the hard way (endless delay in schedule, millions burnt). They would be happy even with 30% yield.

Now I cry for AMD.

Comment

Why does Ashtroll expect me to believe him now? Especially after he lied that he was wrong!

BTW, I call you Ashtroll for a reason, bud. You like to give people a hard time.

You're a Christian Fez, it's official.

Comment

Working...
                                X