Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange phenomenon in the sky of South Wales

Check out this

A different astronomy and space science related image is featured each day, along with a brief explanation.

What the heck is that?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

It's the end to the Chinese Space Program
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Oh, is one of China's rockets gone missing?

I thought that maybe th eBrits had finally gotten some ammo for their war training exercises.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Wow! Kickass pic!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Looks photoshoped. BTW watch out for gator downloads when you follow that link.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

'I knew I shouldn't have ate those Radishes.'
            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              Looks photoshoped. BTW watch out for gator downloads when you follow that link.
              On a NASA site?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

An indication of something to come in 12 days , no Sloww ?

Comment

Re: Strange phenomenon in the sky of South Wales

Originally posted by aaglo

What the heck is that?
                  "The first guess was a sofa-sized rock that exploded as a daytime fireball, but perhaps a better hypothesis is an unusual airplane contrail reflecting the setting Sun."
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

FP - I didn't ask a quote

it was a rhetorical question
                    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

They were the aliens that were coming to get Sloww in 13 days... May they RIP.

And send someone else to get him!!!
                      What?

Comment

Screw that phenomenon. Back in 2001, just before I left Britain for good, we got an eyeful of what must be the most unusual heavenly body ever.

It happened in the middle of spring, which may have had something to do with it. But from the skies above Durham, ,we were able to observe a bright, orange-yellow light that appeared to be a ball of fire. The apparition rose in the east and continued across the sky through the mist and fog for about 16 hours before coming to rest in the west. No reports of it crashing or records of any debris were found, and British meteorologists remain stumped at what this object could have been.

The last similar sighting above Durham was sometime in the late 1880s.
                        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

@ FP.
                          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

It happened in the middle of spring, which may have had something to do with it. But from the skies above Durham, ,we were able to observe a bright, orange-yellow light that appeared to be a ball of fire. The apparition rose in the east and continued across the sky through the mist and fog for about 16 hours before coming to rest in the west. No reports of it crashing or records of any debris were found, and British meteorologists remain stumped at what this object could have been.
                            Smoke. Mirrors. A horse and a box of matches. Voila! Instant UFO.

Things like the fireball happen. They're not important though
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                            X