Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the worst thing, emotionally, that happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the worst thing, emotionally, that happened to you?

Time to get sentimental. After all, it's autumn.

Long, long time ago, in a place far, far away (from where I am now), when I was a naive undergrad student, I met a lovely young woman. I fell head over heels for her, and the feeling seemed to be mutual, so soon we were an item. It was one of the happiest periods in my life, and it lasted almost 3 years.

At the end, I discovered she was having an affair with my roommate, who was my best friend at the time. Needless to say, it was a completely horrible, soul rending event that tossed me into a bottomless abyss. What made things worse was that was in the middle of finals of my senior year. I was not in any shape or form to do remotely well on the remaining exams. Fortunately I made it through. If I didn't, I probably would have flunked out. One of the happiest periods in my life ended in deep, deep, sorrow. It didn't only rip my heart out, but it put my heart through a meat grinder as well.

After I had left the place several years, a friend told me they got married.

Even today, a decade later, when a strange combination of external factors triggers my deeply buried memory of it, I would still get depressed. Like now

What about you? Has anything horrible like that happened to you?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

I've already talked about my crisis that happened over two years ago . . .

no need for me to discuss it AGAIN.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

When Ming or Michael ban me, or when RAH pulls my thread, it totally ****ing devastates me.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww,

I am not in a good mood now, please play somewhere else.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Jeez Ranger, what a grouch.
          Last edited by SlowwHand; October 2, 2003, 12:02.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't discuss my weaknesses with strangers.

As for you, UR, go do something you enjoy. Meet with friends (RL friends), go or a walk in the park, chat with your current SO (do you have one?).

It's been over ten years? GET OVER IT. We've all been burned one time or another.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

UR: Did you cry? ( seriously)
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'm with Theben on this one. 10 years is a bloody long time pining for the one that got away. Your heart should me focused on your current dame. Hell, in the last few weeks I've been trodden over repeatedly by the woman I loved. But I realized she's crazy and have moved on. Last I heard, she wants to see me again. But now I've got a thing for the girl with the pretty eyes.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

"What's the worst thing, emotionally, that happened to you?"

I once spilt some milk

Hell, in the last few weeks I've been trodden over repeatedly by the woman I loved
                  What happened DaShi? You get married?

Hey Ranger, wish I could say something that would make you feel better, but I can't... sorry.

If it were meant to be it would of been. You will find someone one day that will make all that hurt disappear, and the more you hurt now the better the soothing relief of young love will feel.

Also, you shouldn't feel so hurt because of this cheating whore and you jakcass of a "friend"... Betrayed? Yeah, but why let that get to you, there is nothing you can do about it now. It's over, and maybe this is why it wasn't to be, something out there (call it Karma) didn't want you to be with someone like that.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                    chat with your current SO (do you have one?).
                    She went away a few days on a conference.

Originally posted by Theben
                    It's been over ten years? GET OVER IT.
                    I am over it. Mostly, like 99% of the time. It still comes back to haunt me once in a blue moon, though.

Originally posted by Azazel
                    UR: Did you cry? ( seriously)
                    Just a few minutes ago? No, got my eyes red, though. Back then? Yeah, many times over. I even contemplated suicide. It was a bloody stupid thought looking back now.

Originally posted by Japher
                    Yeah, but why let that get to you, there is nothing you can do about it now.
                    I am not Mr Spock, you know

Originally posted by Japher
                    It's over, and maybe this is why it wasn't to be, something out there (call it Karma) didn't want you to be with someone like that.
                    That's an interesting angle to look at it. I have never thought about that before.

Comment

Just a few minutes ago? No, got my eyes red, though. Back then? Yeah, many times over. I even contemplated suicide. It was a bloody stupid thought looking back now

By cry I meant then, and I meant a lot. So I guess the answer is 'yes'.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

depression.

nothing triggered it, so far as i can tell.

personality exacerbated it.
                        B♭3

Comment

Azazel,

That was my first girlfriend too. Very harsh.

Q Cubed,

Not depression. Depressed, you know, sad?

Comment

Azazel,

ouch.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                              Azazel,

ouch.
                              Yup. That's why the memories are particularly deep.

Comment

Working...
                              X