This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Apolyton so leftist?

I would have thought that people with such an understanding of history would be somewhat right, like me. I mean, a civilization must be defended right? Morally too, look at Rome...they got way too freaky. Immoral civilizations fall. The Ottomans...both weak and immoral.

Look now at the war on terror. Moslem mothers send their children to become human bombs...our citizens can't hold together through a year of rather minor sacrifice.

I think western civilization may be falling, I see irresolute people as the problem. I see leftists as self serving and therefore irresolute when there is a cost involved, and I compare this to people who will send their children off as human bombs, our enemy. The people who fly planes into skyscrapers filled with innocents. I believe I see these things because I have a sense of the world, and expect the same from other Civ players. In the last couple of years I have been quietly astonished by Poly's turn to the left.

I want to understand.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Perhaps the opposite is true..after all, you get any group of "educated people" and you end up leaning left.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

@ Lancer

The real question is, why is Apolyton so chock full of fascists and homosexuals, and fascist homosexuals?
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

look at Rome...they got way too freaky.

Actually Rome got way too Christian.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I never thought of Apolyton as "Leftist"

I guess a lot of it depends on your own perspective as well

For example to Wiglaf or Fez, I'm sure Apolyton is full of commie subversives

On the other end of the spectrum, to Agathon (thanks for volunteering for the example ), everyone on Apolyton is
          fascist homosexuals
          I never thought of Apolyton having one lean. It's got lots of far rights, many rights, a few middles, many lefts, and lots of far lefts. An even balance
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

and you think this has something to do with liberalism?

how blind you are.

the decline of western civilization, and more specifically, american supremacy, will not be because of the left.

it'll be because of polarized, stupid, asinine, hypocritical, blind, fckwitted bickering between "right" and "left", with each side demonizing the other because of their failings.

in virtually every great faith, all of them suggest taking the moderate path.

both you rightists and leftists are the ones who are ****ing up our society. don't try to pin the blame on just one side of the ****ing sick equation.
            B♭3

Comment

Rome didn't fall simply because of the moral decline... there are various factors that helped the fall of the roman empire; actually it was quite inevitable, well almost inevitable I mean.. Had it not been for the weak and foolish Late-Roman emperors...

Also leftists have been around in our western civilization for a century, why all of a sudden would there be a problem? Besides, the view on the world and humans in general of those suicide bombers isn't quite equal to leftist views
              I mean as far as I'm concerned I wouldn't go as far as to bomb myself for a greater cause, but of course I'm not being harassed either, so it's hard to judge them to be honest
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I guess since I closed the last thread like this... "Why does Apolyton lean so much to the Right" since it turned into a flame fest... It's only fair that I close this one too... since it seems headed in the same direction...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X