Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Bears get a perfect record this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Bears get a perfect record this year?

0-16 that is...

GOD we suck.

Hopefully the Cubs will bring honor to Chitown this fall.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

No, they'll screw up and win at least 1.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      No, they'll screw up and win at least 1.

ACK!
      Hopefully we can pull 2 out of our azz and not be tied for worst record.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I believe they can.

Because even supposedly bad teams like the Cardinals, Texans, Jets, Lions, and Bengals have put up good game this season, and are capable of dispatching the bears fairly easily.

Comment

Well, the national audience got to see how bad the Bears are. Anthony Thomas has been playing well, but the stupid coaching staff doesn't give him enough carries. He had two breakout runs today, one got called back, but he's averaging above 4.5 yards per carry. Give him the ball 25-30 carries a game, and he'll get 100 yards or more. There was an interesting statistic about **** Jauron... out of the 68 career games he's coached for the Bears, a player has rushed for 100 yards or more only 8 times.

Kordell wasn't even that terrible. But the problem for the Bears is the line... both sides of the ball. The Bears are averaging over 150 rushing yards per game so far this season... terrible. John Shoop consistently calls stupid plays. I hope they go 0-16. Then we can have the first overall pick and we can clean house. I'm not that high on Jerry Angelo, but he hasn't been given a chance to build this team. It starts with the coaching staff. I'll give Jerry Angelo the benefit of the doubt... but only until he brings in his own coach.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have to dissagree Sava. It doesn't start with the coaching staff. It starts with ownership.

Remember, this is a business. All the McCaskeys' want is to sell tickets. They want to make money. And therein lies the Bears root problem. Bear fans, in general, are very dedicated. They continue to buy ticket and jerseys and such to show their pride no matter how good they are. Why on earth would the McCaskeys' want to shell out millions of extra dollars for a winning roster when they know their going to make money anyway? The only way for the Bears to get better is for the fans to stop supporting them.

Unfortunately, that ain't going to happen.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Sure it starts with ownership... but it's possible to win with greedy dopey owners. There are more McCaskey's out there than Steinbrenner's. The Bears can be successful with McCaskey ownership. They just have to stop meddling. Sure I'd like an ownership change, but that isn't going to happen. Especially now that they have the new stadium.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

they have to committ to building an offense.

so far they haven't done that.

First they need to improve their offense line. Maybe get a good pass catching tight end.

and finally- the biggie here. Get a QB who can win.

A-train looked halfway decent tonight. So maybe they can win with him, but it will take some more improvements on the o-line so they can get a more consistant running game. Because sometimes a-train only gets 10 or 20 yards a game.

Comment

Maybe get a good pass catching tight end.
                  They signed Desmond Clark, who is above average... TE is the least of their problems... Clark looked good tonight, but Kordell was sacked like 5 or 6 times. It's the O and D lines that are the problem, and the LB's outside of Urlacher... and the Secondary outside of Mike Brown.

A-Train was a victim of the decimated O-line last year... he's got skill. With a serviceable line and consistent carries, Thomas will get 100 yards a game. With that run that got called back, Thomas would have had over 150 yards tonight. Pretty good considering how bad that line is.

The mistakes on offense are very visible. Kordell needs to settle down. Shoop needs to stop calling these stupid design QB runs. They should bootleg Stewart with pass-first plays with option runs like Plummer in Denver. Stewart only has success with QB rushes when he bootlegs, or goes out of the pocket... but Shoop keeps calling these stupid PlayAction fakes that are QB draws. Also, Shoop and Jauron aren't playing Thomas enough. And they aren't playing him consistently either. In the first game this season, Thomas had a huge run for like 40 yards, then didn't take a rush for two quarters. Robbie Abdullah sucks... Adrian Petersen sucks... LET THOMAS RUN. Thomas was good on blocking and great on the run. He's the best RB on the Bears. And if I see any more Dez White runs, I'm going to puke.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ahh yes. I did notice clark tonight. He looked good. They got him from Denver?

Comment

and the Secondary outside of Mike Brown.

Mike Brown...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Spending money hasn't really been the problem. The Bears have spent a lot of money on players. Spending the money on the right players is the problem and that can be laid at the GM's feet.

Come on, we'll beat the Lions once
                        And you know we'll win just enough games so we get the first mediocre player in the draft.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think the back field is adequate enough to win games if they just had offensive and defensive lines that weren't made of crape paper. It was like there was nothing there. The QB has no time to look for a reciever, and they couldn't blitz to save their lives.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                          X