White House Outted CIA Agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    Anyway, I agree that Wilson should have kept his nose out of the politics.
    Why should he have? Proof that the President was lying is of great national importance. What I wanna know is why he didn't come forward in January or February or March?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Why should he have? Proof that the President was lying is of great national importance.
      Because we can't have the CIA involved in politics, now can we?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Because we can't have the CIA involved in politics, now can we?
        Yes, but Wilson isn't in the CIA.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Well, then the link between husband and wife is fair game for the Administration. You have to avoid political freelancers around the CIA at all costs. Unless you're OK with living in a state run by the intelligence agencies...
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It's not fair game because it was against the law and it wasn't really aimed at Wilson but at other people who might know things.

Comment

Originally posted by uh Clem

Most right-wingers are still in this early stage, Denial, about the impending demise of the Bush gang. Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance are still some ways off.

Nothing will come of this because there is nothing to it. Enjoy your fantasy world while it lasts.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Nothing will come of it because there is little likelihood that the people who did this will be uncovered.

Comment

It's not fair game because it was against the law and it wasn't really aimed at Wilson but at other people who might know things.
                  I don't even agree that Wilson should have talked in the first place, so I don't think the relationship is fair game. But if you agree that he should talk, then the Administration has to be able to defend itself with relevant information, at the very least.

Comment

The fact that Wilson's wife worked for the CIA is more or less a non-issue in terms of the Yellowcake story. The White House did this to intimidate Wilson because he and the Yellowcake issue were the biggest political threat this administration has faced. Whether this action was meant to intimidate people beyond Wilson and his wife is a matter of perspective.

Wilson isn't CIA -- he worked for the State Department. He blew the whistle and the White House reacted by trying to discredit and intimidate him, but they went too far (intentionally or not).
                    the good reverend

Comment

rev: Wilson was "hired" for this job by the intelligence community, so it doesn't make any real difference whether he was CIA or not.

Comment

How, pray-tell, is the fact that Wilson's wife is undercover CIA relevant? Sure, she may have helped get him into the vetting process for a candidate to investigate the story, but it's not as if the man was without his merits -- he worked under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, and George W. Bush and was the U.S. ambassador to Iraq.
                        the good reverend

Comment

But if you agree that he should talk, then the Administration has to be able to defend itself with relevant information, at the very least.
                          (emphasis added)

How is his wife's status in the CIA relevent?

(I'll conceed on the point that he was working for the CIA, and we don't want them involved in our politics).

Comment

And the mission itself originated at the direction of VP Cheney's office.
                            the good reverend

Comment

Sure, she may have helped get him into the vetting process for a candidate to investigate the story, but it's not as if the man was without his merits
                              But we know how it turned out. There's no way of knowing whether this was a political hit job. That's the problem.

Comment

Regardless of intent, a crime was still committed.
                                the good reverend

Comment

Working...
                                X