Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am embarking on what will have so far been the most ambitious project of my life:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am embarking on what will have so far been the most ambitious project of my life:

Most ambitious up to now anyway, heh!

I was sitting in some boring lectures and thinking about AI while doodling some VERY abstract code in my notebook.

No, i'm not going to make AI, I'm not psychotic lol.

I was thinking about a book I had read about a big coding project, how you could make AI by having digitial "entities" that randomly change their code while competting in some manner against other changing programs. Let this run long enough, with enough processing power and you'd get AI.

I was scribbling some code about how to do that and slowly added features and realized this was familiar somehow....... I had just abstractly described a combination of the old maxis games sim-life and sim-earth!

Well in my spare time and some other classes I've been thinking if its do-able with what I know/am learning in coding, and I think it is.

I've been working on a design document, what the various "stages" should consist of etc... I'm on page 8 and am not sure how much longer it'll go.

I THINK I can do this, and if I cant I will certaintly have wasted alot of time before I fail LOL! Lets see if I can code my own version of sim life and sim earth combined!

Edit: I should of mentioned this earlier, the name of the program is Braysheet Barah Eloheem.

*smiles to the Israeli's*
    Last edited by Vesayen; September 29, 2003, 13:21.

Have fun and keep us posted.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

What language are you going to use?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

genetic algorythms right?
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I should of mentioned this earlier, the name of the program is Braysheet Barah Eloheem.

*smiles to the Israeli's*

BTW I'm using Java.

Originally posted by Boshko
          genetic algorythms right?
          My biggest initial problem was trying to decide that.

Do I have the code for each "entity" change randomly, or do I have several dozen characteristics creatures have(or dont) that can be modified?

I decided on the set characteristics that can change, but the list will be enormeous. here is a small sample of one part.

One part, and a big part is food, one sub-section of that is canibalism/predation, here is its description:

If two creatures meet they A. mate if they have enough energy(food)

B.Do nothing

C. One eats the others
          -Dependant on hunger
          -How much it eats depends on hunger/body mass/age

etc.... each creature will have dozens(not sure how many, still working on the design doc) of various "atributes"-these atributes can change randomly through mutation at mating, change slightly over time through individual matings, etc..... having the code itself for each creature randomly change is too complicated and WAY over my head, each creatures "atributes" will slowly(or quickly) change however to represent evolution.

Comment

beresheet bara eloheem?

urgh.NSFW

Comment

I cant type hebrew characters on Apolyton and I suck at transliteration.

Comment

you did good. I was puzzled by the name.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

I can code better then I can spell a language with no definitive spelling(transliteration)

Comment

Bearsh*t barrow hello him?
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

"Playing God"?
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Beresheet barah eloheem are the first 3 words of the Torah and the creation story.

Comment

In the beginning, God created....
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                          X