X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaver fraud or . . . ?

I just got this in the email.

To:
    Subject: You've won a Microsoft XBox (This is not spam)

That's my first clue it's spam.

Greetings,

Not congratulations?

Your email address was entered into our September Microsoft X-Box promotional competition
    by yourself or a friend, family member, or associate.

Who? I need to know who to thank for my new X-box!

This is a prize draw, you are now the lucky winner of a brand new Microsoft X-Box Gaming Console!

A prize draw? Me no speak Enleesh so well.

You are now entitled to simply claim your prize online at our website, you dont
    have to buy anything, just collect your prize that you have already won.
    There has only been a few winners out of many thousands of submissions,
    so do count yourself lucky!

Again with the not so good English.

Please make sure you visit the following link within 72 hours, you have a temporary passcode.
    If you do not go to this link within that time your winning shall unfortunately be returned to
    the prize pool.

Please, think of the grammar.

It really works.

On the page you will need to enter this pass code number to proceed: 37511

This is very important. Do not lose that number!
    Put in your address, and we will simply mail your X-Box to you.

We hope that you will enjoy your new X-Box gaming console.

Congratulations on winning,

From Microsoft and the PrizeBounty team!

What, no dislaimers that MS and Xbox are trademaks of Microsoft? No, if you do not want to recieve more email from us, click here to be taken off our link?

So I go to the site. ( and invite all that SPAM, you know better chegitz, -- yeah, but it's a free Xbox, man!) Looks fairly professional. Maybe it's real? Who ever heard of ads on a fake site, though the ad for MotleyFool doesn't got to MotleyFool.com.

This offer is available to US and international residents. A worldwide prize giveaway??? That must be a first.

Oh, let's enter the code. Hey, they want a credit card number to pay for shipping . . . but do to problems with their merchant account (as of Oct 20, 20003 ) they can only take debit cards. So instead of soaking the credit card copmpany, you want to take all the money out of my account. Too bad, so sad, my account is negative and I'd never give out my debit card over the web anyway.

So who owns www.prizebounty.com?

Terry Hampsmire (beaut4u2002@yahoo.com)
    +1.2179362545
    FAX: -
    956 N.2450th Ave.
    Mendon, IL 62351
    US

Really, that's not who it says on the prizebounty.com webpage. It also says here that the page was registered in August, 2003, yet there are prizes given away before that.

Well, let's see what we can find out about Mr. Hampsmire on google. Well, it seems he owns a 1952 Allis tractor, and the address on mapquest looks like a farm in western Illinois. So what's a dirt farmer doing with a website giving away free prizes?
    Last edited by chequita guevara; September 28, 2003, 17:43.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

WTG, meathead.

What has this to do with butchers?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Job Training Offered

Dear friend,

60 days from now you can be your own boss making good money from home on the Internet.

I took in $451,254.00 in my first full year...

Working completely from home
      With no employees
      All from a spare room in your house
      Here's how YOU can be making good money within 60 days from now.

If you want a better life for yourself, Click Here To Get Started Now
      -------------------------------------------------------

Oh, HELL yeah. I'm up for this opportunity.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Hey Che, have you reported him to the proper authorities yet? Terry sounds like a man who has too much time on his hands. You should give him something to do, like breaking rocks or picking up bars of soap.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

If only I had replied to these people, I would have loads of televisions, gaming devices and books and the countless thousands of pounds...and they can send them to me willingly, but they are NOT having my bank details.

What amazes me is that people must fall for this...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Actually, I don't think this farmer is really the owner, though he may be. More likely, I think he's the victim of identity theft.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Cleaver fraud or . . . ?

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              Me no speak Enleesh so well.
              You don't write it very well either.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The page where I got the info that he has a tractor also has a different e-mail addy listed.

I also went to Xbox.com, but they didn't say anything about an Xbox giveaway.

Comment

Well, if Terry has been victimized it's probably even more important to report this. Still funny, though.
                  The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I wonder if he'll wind up in prison anyway? After all, his name is on the scam. What a scary thought.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I once ended up on a site like this when out of curiosity I clicked a banner ad on page which had a "tricky" question ("Which one is Homer?"). I just had to see what would happen if I chose Milhouse and guess what, Milhouse was Homer all along. Who knew?
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Consoles suck. I wouldn't even have opened the e-mail.

Comment

hey! that was supposed to be mine!

they have more than one xbox to give away?

B♭3

Comment

The thread title is actually quite funny, when you think about what can happen to that farmer if he is indeed guilty

CLEAVER FRAUD

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                            X