Italy in the dark!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italy in the dark!!!!

Yerstuday night at about 3:30 when I was in the disco the power went down. At first we all waited a few minutes and then we all went out of the club (strangely enough there were no beating and pushing, despite the fact we were about 1-2 thousand yound teenagers trying to get out a dark disco)

The disco is not exactly in the city but is a little out on one of the many hills sorrounding Torino.

When I was finally out I saw the whole city dark... you could tell there was a city only because there was a huge river of car running around the streets.

Me and my friends immediatly go in my car, I bring them home and then go home myself.

This morning I wake up and discover that the whole of Italy (with the exception of Sardinia) were without electricity... and some regions in the south still are.

The TV news said there was a malfunction in the connection between Italy and France (Italy buys about 20% of its electricity from France) and when they tried to activate a second line that was meant to serve as a back up, that line went down again.

Power was up here at around 7 that means we had only about 3-4 hours of black out, but some cities are still without electricity (and some other even without water because of the fact that the pumps and the "things that clean water" are not working).

Always according to the TV News there were no problems and no alarms caused by the black-out

As always the TV said that we should try not to use too much electricity, stop using this, stop using that etc etc... But now I wonder, since the average Italian already daily about half the electricity that a Swede use (they said it on TV), since we are buying 20% of our electicity from France (and this means that whenever there will be problems in France, it will be Italy to be in the dark).

Why can't we just build some other plants?

Saluti
    "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
    The trick is the doing something else."
    — Leonardo da Vinci
    "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
    "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Hope power is soon restored everywhere.

Any news about the cause?
    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
      Hope power is soon restored everywhere.

Any news about the cause?
      According to the latest news it was a malfunction (probably caused by bad weather conditions) in the lines that bring power from France to Italy. But the sad thing is that when the first line, also the back-up line went down... causing a chain of failures that locked electricity exchange also between Italy and Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia and Croatia... basically isolating Italy from the rest of Europe.

But it is still unclear what exactly happened to the first line, and why didn't the back-up lines did not work.

Saluti
      "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
      — Leonardo da Vinci
      "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu

Comment

Hey, at least you have power now.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

With North America, central London, and now Italy going black within less then two months, I think it's a big sign saying the electricity grid might NEED SOME UPDATING.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            Hey, at least you have power now.
            lol... probably I'm the reason power went down

Saluti
            — Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

That's good! More newborn babies in the next 9 months! Maybe Giovanni is upset because he hadn't a part in this big plan
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                That's good! More newborn babies in the next 9 months! Maybe Giovanni is upset because he hadn't a part in this big plan
                I must admit last night I was really unlucky with girls

*Giovanni Wine thinks: Why am I laughing?... there is nothing to laugh about not getting girls on a saturday night

Saluti
                — Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                  With North America, central London, and now Italy going black within less then two months, I think it's a big sign saying the electricity grid might NEED SOME UPDATING.
                  Not to mention all of southern Sweden (the part where 2/3s of the pop lives)+Copenhagen last week.
                  No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

And Helsinki about a month ago
                    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Ah, you can blame the French. Good.

Comment

Ah, you can blame the French. Good.

There's nothing sweeter.
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Damn those pesky french.

Comment

I think it is time to turn up the conspiracy theory meter.

Italy is a strong supporter of the U.S.'s war on terrorism.

I think it is safe to say terrorists were responsible for both of these blackouts.

Comment

No, Diss, the conspiracy meter is where the US uses stolen alien technology to alert Future Chirac that Italy isn't paying its power bills

You described the PARANOIA meter AFAIK.

However, yes, the power grid needs some serious updating.
                              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                              X