No announcement yet.

MLB - Play Offs and The Cubs are in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the falcons look like they might be something almost every year. problem is, they choke even earlier than the braves.
    B♭3

Comment

Not if they have a healthy Vick!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh, speaking of the playoffs, what in the name of all that is holy were they thinking about when they scheduled playoff games at 1pm on weekdays?!?!

-Arrian

p.s. Like your sigs, Imran (both of 'em)
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

what in the name of all that is holy were they thinking about when they scheduled playoff games at 1pm on weekdays?!?!

I like it . A return to day baseball in the playoffs. Very nice indeed .

Like your sigs, Imran (both of 'em)

Thanks . The first one is from che actually.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Re: day baseball in the playoffs.

I'm all for it, on the weekends. I'm all for trying to get the games played when kids can watch 'em. At the same time, *I* wanna watch 'em.

Solution: afternoons off during the playoffs. Yeah! Now, if I can only convince Travelers that this will somehow increase productivity...

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Solution: afternoons off during the playoffs.

It's baseball's plan to give people more time off of work .

Comment

If the Chicago game were the afternoon game (the networks knew the Cubs would be a better draw and made them the night game)... Chicago would pretty much close down anyway in the afternoon... all except the bars
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If Chicago were the day game, I'd have to take off work. Still, it just ain't right, the Cubbies playing at night.

Well, in a few hours I get to see what a monstrousity they've made of Soldier Field.

Ming, the whole Chicago metro area would close down, not just the city, 'cept for those lousy Southsiders.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's fun hearing all the whining from Sox fans now that the CUBS have won. There were many this morning that said they were rooting for the Cubs to lose all weekend and hope they get swept by the Braves.

I just looked up and said great, I hope you get the same result that you got when you were rooting for the SOX to win.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So yesterday's hot rumor was -- Manuel out in Chicago, LaRussa out in St. Louis, then LaRussa hired by Sox.

Any word on firings yet?

And wouldn't it be great to have 2 major league managers in town?
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Manuel was fired earlier today....
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Congrats to the Cubs!

And especially to the fans of the Cubs!
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

Also, the Cubs have probably the deepest bench. Good pitching traditionally beats good hitting. Look out Atlanta!
                              Tell that to the Braves, this is the first year in their 11 year run where the offense has carried them.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'm hoping for another Bay Bridge series. As and Giants

Comment

Working...
                                X