MLB - Play Offs and The Cubs are in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q Cubed
    the red line series... dude, that would be so awesome for chicago, but so boring for everyone else.
    Hey, we had to put up with the Yankees-Mets series.
    At least an all-Chicago series would produce a champion who hadn't won in (most people's) living memories...

That's why I'm rooting for the unlikely Cubs-Bosox matchup this year...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'd bet you that an all Chicago Series would pull better ratings than St Louis vs Kansas City

I think the Networks would prefer a Yankee/Cubs or Boston/Cubs World Series. Atlanta never does much for the ratings, and neither would Florida or Minny. The Giants and A's, even though they are from a large market just don't generate the type of hype/excitement that the Yankees, Red Sox, or Cubs would.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

ming, you'd pull for the cubs too, wouldn't ya?

only people who don't like real ball would support the white sox.
        B♭3

Comment

I support both the Cubs and White Sox... Unlike many Chicago fans who hate one and love one.

The only time I will root AGAINST the Sox are when they are playing the Cubs. And until interleague play started, that hadn't been a problem

I wish the best for both teams. And it looks like today, that moronic manager for the Sox will bite the dust. A real manager could have probably gotten the Sox in the play offs. Manuel is an idiot.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Bears tonight, Cubs Tuesday and Wednesday.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

lol. that's a given, i meant when they have to face the cubs.

maybe it was manuel, but i personally think renaming comisky field us cellular field helped jinx the sox.
              B♭3

Comment

I am hoping for a Cubs - Red Sox world series.
                For Karma's sake that WS would HAVE to end in a tie...
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Amazing

The amazing thing to me is that many experts are predicting 1st round victories for the cubs and red sox.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                    ...Atlanta never does much for the ratings...
                    Atlanta can't even fill their own stadium for playoff games any more. That's pathetic.

Probably the one match-up I'd be sure NOT to watch would be NYY vs. Atlanta. That would just be painful (note that I live outside Philly...).

Luckily I lived in New Hampshire for six years and became a Red Sox fan, so the playoffs won't be a complete bore.
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

atlanta fans are jaded by the fact that we expect the braves to choke, and so we don't go.

it's a tragedy--especially since they just had to give away tickets for the playoff games...
                      B♭3

Comment

atlanta fans are jaded by the fact that we expect the braves to choke, and so we don't go.
                        Red Sox fans expect disaster, and yet I'm sure that even if Fenway had a capacity of 60K, they'd fill it. There are many things about Red Sox fans that I find amusing and/or sad, but I do respect their passion.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

atlanta fans are not known for their passion, at least not after '91.

i mean, this is why the thrashers, falcons, and hawks are all but ignored.
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                            i mean, this is why the thrashers, falcons, and hawks are all but ignored.
                            Of course the fact they suck has something to do with it also.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well when the Falcons looked like they may have been something last year, the rest of the games in the season were sold out in a hurry.

Oh, and I bet the networks want Boston/Chicago. Imagine the hype they can play up: "Someone has to win this time", etc .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yeah, we've been spoiled by the braves.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X