No announcement yet.

MLB - Play Offs and The Cubs are in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever heard of Bucky Dent? or Robby Thompson? It's not always who you have.
    badams

Comment

Would Bucky Dent or Robby Thompson get their chance with a substandard lineup around them?
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        (if Choi and Hill are as good as advertised) they will definetly be favorites.
        Where have you been... Hill was traded, and Choi is sitting in the minors.

Neither one helped the team this year. Yes, it's an average hitting line up. But the pitching is far better than Atlanta has. It should be a good match up.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So what if Choi is still in the minors? If he is as good as advertised they will be a favorite in the future. I forgot about Hill, but they probably shouldn't have dealt him though.

And Chicago's pitching isn't FAR better than Atlanta's... unless you meant their starting pitching. Atlanta has better numbers for their relievers.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

go smoltz!
            B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              So what if Choi is still in the minors? If he is as good as advertised they will be a favorite in the future.
              With the trade for Randall Simon, Choi may become trade bait like Hill did.

I forgot about Hill, but they probably shouldn't have dealt him though.
              They've been saying he would be our second baseman of the future for years... and after repeated tries, he still sucked. I'm glad they traded him for Aramis Ramirez.. he is our 3rd baseman for years to come... something the Cubs haven't had in a long time.

And Chicago's pitching isn't FAR better than Atlanta's... unless you meant their starting pitching.
              Yes... I meant starting pitching. The Cub's bullpen is average at best.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Go Red Sox!

(I'm happy the Cubbies made it too )
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

i hope the red sox and the yankees bite it this year too.

the sports team from my region totally 0wnz the sports team from your region.
                  B♭3

Comment

If the World Series ends up being Boston Redsox vs. Chicago Cubs, they should just make it like the special olympics and give everyone the gold.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

B♭3

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping for an all-Chicago series. Figured it was the only way to guarantee a winner in this town...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

the red line series... dude, that would be so awesome for chicago, but so boring for everyone else.
                          B♭3

Comment

LET'S-GO-YANKEES!

But, failing that, a Cubs-Red Sox WS would be pretty cool. Imagine the game 7 insanity, as both teams fall all over themselves trying to cough up the game.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

God-damnit!!!!!! Lived in Chi-town twenty ****ing years waiting for this, and now I'm in some god-foresakin' hell-hole in a piece of South Georgia that was mistakenly located onthe wrong side of the border. ARGH!!!!!!

GO CUBS!!!! Guess I know I'll be watching.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

CUBS WIN!!!!!

Unfortunately I can't say that too loud here on the south side.......

Comment

Working...
                                X