No announcement yet.

MLB - Play Offs and The Cubs are in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Steve Goodman to that list, though he didn't broadcast.
    Old posters never die.
    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

• Amen...

This Bud's for you... Lord knows Harry drank enough of it during the games

I remember listening to Brickhouse on the radio when I was growing up. Gee... the Cubs sucked back then too
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Nice game by Wood... he probably should have been pulled two batters earlier, but the bullpen was solid and didn't let in more than 1 run. Dusty, you gotta save Kerry in case things get hairy .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I thought they shoulda pulled Wood at the begining of that inning. He looked tired.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Dusty has a reputation for leaving his starters in too long. Especially in the playoffs, you can't let starters go too long, unless their pitch count is low.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
              I was laughing at the Cubs fans doing the tomahawk chop with their hats.
              Yeah, that was great.

*Jack & Harry*
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• GREAT NIGHT ALL!

They won, they won they won!
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Here's hoping for a Cubs - Red Sox WS .

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                    My girlfriend and I have the worst of all worlds: my Yanks in a 1pm game, and her Red Sox tomorrow night at 10pm. It sucks.

-Arrian
                    7 PM out here, not bad.

Comment

• Well Ming you guys won one, that good. Now if the Giants and As can win, maybe you guys will have to come out here and play.

Comment

• something tells me the Cubs won't be playing the A's unless they meet during interleague play next summer

Comment

• It shows you how used to Winning the Division the Atlanta Fans are. This is the first divisional opening series game to sell out in a long time.

i was under the impression it sold out 'cause of all the chicagoans?

that wood guy's good.

and ortiz? well, he sucks. but we knew that already, didn't we?

how'd you guys follow the game?
                          i listened on am750 wsb atlanta because they still have skip carey (the son of the cub's carey)... tbs used to, too, when they broadcast every game. now that fox does it... i don't watch the games anymore unless i'm there at the ted.
                          B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            I thought they shoulda pulled Wood at the begining of that inning. He looked tired.
                            Sounds like you have plenty experience pulling wood so I'll have to agree with you.

Comment

• Ming,

I'll bet you my post count double-or-nothing that the Braves win the series.

Comment

• The funniest thing was that a cubs fan caught Giles home run and threw it back. I'd be embaressed if I was an Atlanta fan.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X