• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accordion *ducks*
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
      Accordion *ducks*
      Boo! Accordions deserve a treatment the moderators would not allow me to suggest
      Smile
      For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
      But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Acoustic guitar ~19 years
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue

Boo! Accordions deserve a treatment the moderators would not allow me to suggest
          My uncle plays the accordion, and my father and grandfather both play the bag pipes to boot.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I play the piano, but I love to learn sax. I also play the Chinese flute.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
              No, playing chords on a classical guitar is easier than a steel string accoustic. The reason is that the strings are slacker, and softer on the fingertips (mine look like a lunar landscape), the frets are more defined and the fretboard is wider so theres less risk of hitting the wrong string.
              They are generally thicker strings and higher actions though. I think an electric is much easier to play.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

the Piano. I used to be good, but didn't have any real practice for something like 3 years, so I probably suck now.

Jazz is cool, supporting a guitar, and singing at the same time is cool, as well. Classical is great, two, though difficult.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

My girlfriend plays both flute and piano to grade 8 but says she isn't quite good enough to play professionally.
                  I can't even manage the paper and comb, but I've promised myself I'll learn to play the tenor sax before I retire so I can spend lazy days making a godawful racket! I may get her to teach me the piano now we've got one, but I'm not sure she (or anyone) has the patience.

Comment

from guitar and piano (badly)
                    Now now, if only you would pay attention when I tell you to strum properly, you would be good at that god awful radiohead song .

The rest of Apolyton should be grateful. The other two Northamptonians have heard Drogue sing! . Perhaps "sing" is a little strong....

Notwithstanding this, I want to hear Drogue rap!!
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                      My girlfriend plays both flute and piano to grade 8 but says she isn't quite good enough to play professionally.
                      Sadly, the grades are becoming less of a test. I messed up my grade 8 royally, was so ill I couln't stand to play, missed the solo of one of my pieces and my improvisation was all over the place, and I almost got a merit My brother is grade 8+ and still would not be classed as god enough to be a professional.
                      Smile

Comment

Sadly, the grades are becoming less of a test.
                        I really hope that is true! Have hardly any grades at piano(only bothered up to grade 4), just love playing it
                        Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

But not to me

I didn't take any grades below 7 But I messed up royally on both and got good marks, no idea how they found that many marks. The first time I sorta flirted with the nice lady and she managed to find me the exact mark for honours

Wish the Uni's did that!
                          Smile

Comment

Played piano since I was 6, mostly rag and jazz early on and moved to classical in college. Still play to this day, just for fun.

Played Alto Sax since I was 10; jazz. Stopped playing when I was 18-19. Friends and I had a jazz band that played around town for mall opening, block parties, weddings, etc...

Played Bassoon since I was 12; classical (duh). Stopped playing when I was 24-25... Played in the HS band (winter season), Played for the Fresno Youth Philharmonic, State Honor Bands and Orchestras, UC Davis symphony orchestra, and for small production around the Sacramento area.

I can also play clarinet, though only when my sister lets me steal her instrument; which I ussually do and can get away with fo 1-2 years at a time.

I use to play the penny whistle a lot. Then I got a dog and whenever I play it she attacks me...

Decent with the harmonica.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

I've been playing classical piano since I was seven (O so many years ago). Apart from a few singing lessons (opera), I haven't had the chance to study any other musical instruments.

The pieces I'm working on right now include Liszt's Liebestraum, Chopin's Fantasia in D Minor, Brahms' Rhapsody in G major, and the infamous third movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata (known affectionately around here as the "Apeshit Movement".
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Moonlight Sonata! I LOVE that piece!
                                Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Working...
                                X