American advertisement at it's finest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American advertisement at it's finest

That encapsulates it pretty well, really...
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

That has got to be a spoof, surely. Not even in America could people be that stupid ... could they?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It might be a spoof, but sorry, FP, we're a lot stupider than you'd hope
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

No, it's not and yes, we could be. But in defense of perfectly normal Americans from completely sane places, this store does appear to be located in the Missouri Ozarks -- where boys take their sisters to the prom, but not as a last resort.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

The phrase "the unGodly nations will fall" is rather chilling.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

In atrocious taste, with awful design and a spelling mistake...it's a yankee doodle dandy, yessirree, bob!

Least appropriate use of a mass murder as a device to flog goods. What's next? Holocaust pics at a gas showroom?
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Blow it out your ass, FP and Stefu.

You have this ****ing attitude that it's only American advertising people who are bastards.

You know who is in advertising, don't you ?

CYA!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

These effete Euros need to grow a little hair on their chest, right Sloww?
                "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

What's with the flag? It seems to be a very old US flag from before there were 50 states.

Comment

That's obviously a fake.

I hope.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Nope. I googled up the City names and Highway 5, and it's somewhere in Missouri.
                      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

So? it could be someone from the locality who made it.

google: "Midway furniture" Missouri

Nothing of the sort.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Here it is...

Comment

What a big pile of crap
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X