[news] Robert Palmer dead at 54

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [news] Robert Palmer dead at 54

Unfortunately love wasn't the only thing he was addicted to.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

You can't blame the guy, sometimes things are 'simply irresistable'.

Comment

What, another one!?

He'll be missed.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Despite his chart success he shunned the rock 'n' roll lifestyle. "I loved the music, but the excesses of rock 'n' roll never really appealed to me at all," The Associated Press quoted him as saying.

"I couldn't see the point of getting up in front of a lot of people when you weren't in control of your wits."
          Sounds like he was clean, to me.

Comment

The name didn't ring a bell. I had to look at the BBC article to figure out who he was.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

A guy on another forum confused him with Robert Plant.

Comment

"mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

Well, I guess he was cured of the "lovin' yous"...

Monkey!!!

Comment

Heart attacks don't equal drug abuse.

George Plimpton died last night.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I just heard that -- what's with everyone dying in their mid fifties, anyways?

Comment

Robert Palmer was a favorite of mine.

The way he dressed was completely at odds with the way he sang. Which of course was part of his charm.

Comment

Sadly, Robert Palmer had a continuing drug abuse problem through most of his career. While I've had no contact with him since the late 90s, I can testify that his personal manager advised me to steer clear of associating my company with Palmer for that specific reason.

His creative contributions were significant and will be missed.

But his denial of "the excesses" of the rock lifestyle were, unfortunately, just that -- denial, nothing more.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

HOHOHO

Well it seems as if he'll no longer sing "this joke was doomed to bland idiocy from the start" any longer...

(Just assuming that was a lyrical piece of his)

Comment

Working...
                            X