Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party News: Switzerland t lift ban on ABSINTHE !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party News: Switzerland t lift ban on ABSINTHE !!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Drink. Drive. Discuss.

How will it change Swiss party culture.

Will there be Swiss chocolates with absinthe in it?

Comment

To bad they've removed all the drug effects. At least it still has lots of alcohol.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Did they do that?

Comment

Germany, the UK, and a few others already legalized it. I've got a bottle in my room from Frankfurt called Alandia absinthe. And it is weak as ****. They limit the thujume or whatever to 35 mg per liter.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

What happened to Zylka?
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Check the Institutionland thread.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think absinthe is legal here as well, but it's just another bottle of crappy booze they sell here. Waste of money.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It never did have much in the way of drug efects. With the amount of thujone in absinthe, you'd have to drink so much the alcohol would kill you.

You can buy it from overseas in the U.S. It's not illegal to own, only to sell or give to someone else, as it's classified as a poison, not a drug.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    It never did have much in the way of drug efects. With the amount of thujone in absinthe, you'd have to drink so much the alcohol would kill you.

You can buy it from overseas in the U.S. It's not illegal to own, only to sell or give to someone else, as it's classified as a poison, not a drug.
                    The trick (as it also has been used in the End of the 19th Century) is to put some Sugar on a teasponn, pour some Absinth over it, then use a lighter to set the Liquid on Fire, wait till the Flame dies out (and the sugar is partly caramelized) and then stir the Absinth into a glass full of water.

So you get a larger Concentration of Absinth and less Alcohol.
                    But the Concentration of the Thujon ist still neglectible (as Felch mentioned, the Concetrations allowed are nothing compared to the Concentrations you got at the End of the 19th Century), but you don´t get an Alcohol poisoning (but maybe bad teeth because of the large amount of sugar )
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I don't see how that could be. Early in the 20th century when Absinthe was still legal people were developing dementia from drinking it in their early thirties. Developing dementia before age 35 is almost unheard of amongst straight alcoholics.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Unless they drink scrumpy. Arrrrr!!
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                          I don't see how that could be. Early in the 20th century when Absinthe was still legal people were developing dementia from drinking it in their early thirties. Developing dementia before age 35 is almost unheard of amongst straight alcoholics.
                          They were drinking huge quantities of alcohol. By 35 you been drinking it for what, 20 years? After 20 years of hard core alcoholism, I'd be surprised if there weren't instances of dementia.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

It was, because many of the Distillers used Industry Alcohol to get larger Profit out of the Absinthe.
                            It was much cheaper than the Alcohol used normally for these Drinks, but it also had its hazardous Sideeffects, like Dementia, becoming blind and the like.
                            If you were too poor to afford High Quality Absinthe (without Industry Alcohol), you were screwed if you drank too much of it.
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                              So you get a larger Concentration of Absinth and less Alcohol.
                              But the amount of thujone wouldn't increase, which is supposedly the psychoactive ingrediant.

Comment

Working...
                              X