Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who to return to TV

Woah!

"I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Re: Doctor Who to return to TV

Originally posted by Edan
    Woah!

I was excited at first but

1) There having as few continuity refferences as possible.
    2) Both this and the coming soon webcast "The Scream of The Shalka" are considered canonical even though two different actors play the same incarnation of the Doctor.

But it may still be good so I'm still excited.

To celebrate - some Doctor Who Smilies.

Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
    To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Apparently script writer is the same for the gay series "Queer as Folk".

Could be a very camp production. I doubt it, but the BBC has got seriously strange over the past few years.
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Originally posted by Cruddy

Could be a very camp production. I doubt it, but the BBC has got seriously strange over the past few years.
        Apparently he has written normal Doctor Who novels (well one novel) before and doesn't intend to make the Doctor gay. I'm still dissapointed they didn't get someone else though.
        To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Originally posted by Elden

Apparently he has written normal Doctor Who novels
          Dr Who novels "normal"? OK, I read loads as a kid... over 20 years ago!

(well one novel) before and doesn't intend to make the Doctor gay.
          Oh, COME ON! The Doctor was never a red blooded heterosexual stallion. How many horizontal mambo's across the Tardis console, eh, eh? NONE.

OK, so the character was never an active homosexual - but as a sexual stereotype he was a non-starter.

I'm still dissapointed they didn't get someone else though.
          I'm amazed they truly believe there are more stories to write. I'll be really amazed if they attach any sort of a budget to it, or 21st century kids buy the merchandise.

Cynical old fart, aren't I?
          Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
          "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Dr Who novels "normal"? OK, I read loads as a kid... over 20 years ago!
            Normal for Doctor Who, not gay.

Oh, COME ON! The Doctor was never a red blooded heterosexual stallion. How many horizontal mambo's across the Tardis console, eh, eh? NONE.

OK, so the character was never an active homosexual - but as a sexual stereotype he was a non-starter.
            It's a family show, who knows what happens off screen.

I'm amazed they truly believe there are more stories to write. I'll be really amazed if they attach any sort of a budget to it, or 21st century kids buy the merchandise.
            Theres more stories but I also don't think the merchandise will work to well.

Cynical old fart, aren't I?
            Yep

Comment

"How many horizontal mambo's across the Tardis console, eh, eh? NONE."

None that we SAW...

By the way, who's your vote for sexiest companion? I vote Peri.
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

Dr. What?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                  Dr. What?
                  No, Doctor Who

Comment

which life will he be on now?
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                      Nine or ten - technically nine but there usinf a different actor than the webcast's nine and yet both are officially canonical
                      Last edited by Elden; September 26, 2003, 10:16.

Comment

I've seen two of the writer's works, Touching Evil (mystery/suspence) and The Grand (Historical fiction), both of which I enjoyed and weren't camp, and they give me hope.

Wait a sec... could be camp? Have you seen the original series? I'd have called some of that camp.

I'm more worried that the BBC will be it's own worst enemy, and we'll get a half assed attempt like the last one, or variable quality and constant attempts at destroying the series, like was seen in the last few years of the series.
                        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                          They havent't yet said what they'll technically keep as canon, as there are a book and audio adventure cds that go up through the ninth Doctor, the movie that has tthe eighth doctor, etc, so they could start it anywhere from the seventh to the tenth doctor (actually, I'd like it if they culd start it with the fifth Doctor and fit a few more Davison stories. )

Comment

I'm more worried that the BBC will be it's own worst enemy, and we'll get a half assed attempt like the last one
                            The TV Movie. Some of it was good but "I'm Half-Human on my mother's side" made it crap.

Comment

They havent't yet said what they'll technically keep as canon, as there are a book and audio adventure cds that go up through the ninth Doctor, the movie that has tthe eighth doctor, etc, so they could start it anywhere from the seventh to the tenth doctor (actually, I'd like it if they culd start it with the fifth Doctor and fit a few more Davison stories. )
                              I'd personally like more Baker stories (Colin not Tom even though Tom was good too)

Comment

Working...
                              X