Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Imran, Because of you......

I read the first Harry Potter book.

I though it would be to, young, for me, I'm 35.

I actually enjoyed it.

Not the best book I've ever read, by far, but my step-son has the second and third at his fathers house, I'm gonna get them from him and read them also.

I might even buy the new installment.

You abviously aren't quite as childish as I thought.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

MWAHAHAH!

I've hooked another one .

They are great books... as they go on and on they get more 'adult' and scary.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm reading it at night to Bunnygrrl, one chapter at a time. Imran's correct, they do get better and better. I think four was better than five though.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        'adult' and scary.
        Do Hormone and Harry....?
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I actually loved five. It was the book where Rowling didn't give a damn about making Harry 'lovable' and took a chance with making him annoying and teen-like. I loved that.

I could see how some could not like it.

Why are you reading it to Bunnygrrl? She ok?!!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I read the first

it only took a few hours, but was enjoyable

deffinitely not A material though, just well made

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Do Hormone and Harry....?

That's Hermione and no. Hermione and Ron look like they'll get together though.

Comment

Harry Potter is the book of the devil and should be burnt.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Comment

Why are you reading it to Bunnygrrl? She ok?!!
                    She's fine. It's just something fun to do together. I read her the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Chroncles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox, the Amber Chronciles, and I tried readin the Elric of Melneabone stories, but I was never really into it.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Does she ever read you anything?

Comment

Does she ever read you anything?
                        Nope. I'm the daddy.

Actually, that's not true. I was really tired once, ans she read the chapter instead of me.

Comment

whipped

Comment

I think my sister would like books

but she doesn't read very fast and it makes her tired her out

I think that some of the reason why I do like reading so much is that I read so fast

I have read over 2000 pages in a day (and these were small words and the like)

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

but she doesn't read very fast and it makes her tired her out

It might take her while to finish the last few then... the 5th was 850+ pages, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X