No announcement yet.

The glowing red ocean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did the plankton go after your eyeshadow?

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
      last week i went down to MOonlight beach in encinitas (near san diego..but you know that, oerdin" ..it was night and the water was glowing blue. ...in bursts as the tides broke. was that flourescent algae or plankton or something altogether different?
      It's a natural occurence, yes. What exactly I don't remember.

I used to see that all the time when my ship was in the middle of the ocean.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Anything like Pfiesteria piscicida?
        Naaah, this isnt anything like Pfisteria.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

pictures! I want pictures!

this sounds awesome

Comment

Originally posted by devilmunchkin
            last week i went down to MOonlight beach in encinitas (near san diego..but you know that, oerdin" ..it was night and the water was glowing blue. ...in bursts as the tides broke. was that flourescent algae or plankton or something altogether different?
            I think that we're talking about the same thing. I saw it tonight and it seemed to glow everytime a wave broke though it wasn't very bright. Certainly not as bright as I had hoped but it was still pretty cool.

I did get a jar full of water and poring a bit of vinager into it really did make them glow brightly.

BTW Encinitas is north of Cardiff isn't it? I'm pretty sure it's right on the coast.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Or purpuratus strongylocentrotus?
              -30-

Comment

Water, red like Blood.
                sounds like Armageddon has begun
                Funny you should say that. Another plague has fallen on the United States:

Mysterious Frog Eggs Found in Connecticut
                Associated Press

BERLIN, Conn. - Hurricane Isabel brought unholy high winds and lashing rain to the East Coast. It also dumped something almost biblical on Connecticut.
                Primo D'Agata was startled by what he thought was hail smacking on his porch Sept. 19 as the remnants of Isabel moved through the state. But when he went outside to investigate, D'Agata discovered tiny, gelatinous eggs with dark spots in the middle.
                It had apparently been raining frogs.
                Since no frogs in Connecticut lay eggs this late in the year, scientists and naturalists speculate they may have come up from North Carolina or another warm location on the winds of Isabel.
                D'Agata brought a bowl of his mysterious find to a nearby nature center, after the town's animal control officer couldn't identify what had arrived in his yard.
                Nicolas Diaz, a naturalist and teacher at New Britain Youth Museum at Hungerford Park, took a look at D'Agata's bowl and told him it looked like amphibian eggs.
                D'Agata is keeping two small, water-filled glass jars of the eggs to see if any of them will hatch. He said a few seem to have sprouted what look like a tail.
                "I'm going to let them sit and see what happens," D'Agata said Wednesday.
                What's the rest of the plagues? Locusts, boils, ???... And who the hell are we suppose to let go!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                  did the plankton go after your eyeshadow?
                  I don't wear eyeshadow but even if I did I don't think the little critters would care.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                  X