Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water, red like Blood.
    sounds like Armageddon has begun
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Yes! The plagues of Egypt are once more unleashed in random order on the new Babylon. Let the people go!
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I was at the Marine Biology Laboratory in Wood's Hole Massachusetts one summer when a bioluminescent bloom came in to the shore. Swimming in it in the night was really cool, because the algae glow when the water is disturbed by waves or contact with your body. It was an almost psychedelic experience.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
          Yeah, shellfish and crustaceans here are a joke, now that abs are no-take for anything other than scientific collection permits and all that's left is spiny lobster.
          You can catch clams on most of the sandy beaches. Haven't abs been illegal to catch since the 1980's due to an infestation of an Asian bacteria which the local abs population had no immunity to?

If I remember correctly this parasite came from a ship carrying cargo from Asia and it has nearly wiped out the local abalone trade.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm supposed to go to Pacific Beach with my friends in two hours. I think I'm going to take a glass jar and some vinager with me because supposedly when you put the phytoplankton into a jar and then pore vinager into it they glow really bright. Of course that kills the plankton but the the bastards would do the same to me if they could, right?

Comment

I never once went to PB to actually go to the beach......

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

That's because you are a horny pervert.

But then again so am I...

Comment

I thought that was given, I WAS in the Navy......

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I will be in SD in a week. Let me post a thread on it. Let's see how it does...

Comment

It is kind of funny to be humbled by a single-celled eukaryote, but those single cells are complex though, some even have complex eyes, not bad for a unicellular critter. Thier shells are cool too (it seems like a lot of protists have cool-looking shells).

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        That's because you are a horny pervert.

But then again so am I...
                        Golly, this brings me back. After swimming in the glowing water with our bodies illuminated in the strange blue light I walked the girl home and got laid for the first time in my life.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

last week i went down to MOonlight beach in encinitas (near san diego..but you know that, oerdin" ..it was night and the water was glowing blue. ...in bursts as the tides broke. was that flourescent algae or plankton or something altogether different?
                          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Have you cleaned off the eyeshadow?

Comment

haha. that had nothing to do with it.
                              "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Anything like Pfiesteria piscicida?
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X