Back from the army.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the army.

As some of you may have noticed, I am back from the army.

That's it, a month's basic training, and Rifle school are over. No more sleep deprivation. No more humiliation from people your age. Private Azazel is out of the army, FOR GOOD. ( yeah, right )

Basically, it was fun, it was short, and we had only a little exprience with firearms. Our squad commanders were guys and girls around our age. Some would say that this was a great preparation for married life, being bossed all the time like that by a woman your age. My personal commander, though, was a guy, approximately my age. Our squad was his first round of recruits, but since we were good 'kids', and were all in the process of getting a college degree, he didn't have too many disciplinary issues with us.

Overall, this basic training was piece of cake. Besides us, destined to be professional staff, officers, on that base were 7 other recruit companies, that were either girls or troublemaking kids, destined to have a rather boring time in the army.

The fun parts were the infinicimal number of shooting ranges we did, and the zero walking distance we passed. It wasn't a real challenge.
    [pekka]

[/pekka]

The base itself is located rather close to the Gaza strip. I could see Gaza in the horison.

That's about it. Please ask whatever questions you want. ( Yes, I mean you, Siro, you little annoying POS. )
    urgh.NSFW

So what does the real IDF do for training?
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

how on earth would I know?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Did you have a week in the field?

You had no long walking trips?

Comment

no, and no.

we only had a DAY in the field ( "due to the proximity to gaza" ), and the walking trip was a rediculous walk around the base, some 3 km or so.

There is no way I am missing officer school. There is no way I am settling for these fake "academical" ranks.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

My cousin was there with you.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

how did he look?
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

real soldiers go with full gear some 80kms. I feel ashamed.

Eli: seriously, what platoon was he in? I was in 3. What's his name?
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

/me looks for Az in the pics.

5th row, rightmost pic. My cousin is the blond guy who sits on the bottom right and raises his hat in the right hand.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I PMed you his name.

Comment

Actually real soldiers go with full gear some 90km. Most of it running, and some of it carrying people on strechers.

Comment

"asak"?

Platoon 2, I presume.

The Company commander still yelled at us.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Alex is your Cousin?

AMAZING.

what a small world we're living in.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                            Actually real soldiers go with full gear some 90km. Most of it running, and some of it carrying people on strechers.
                            They're not running most of it.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

In any case, Eli, let me wish him my best regards in any upcoming Moadei Bet, and say that David, Max's friend, says 'Hi'.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X