No announcement yet.

Morality and Darwinism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly what I said - it's an explanation, not a justification.

Oh, well I misunderstood you then.

I thought you were angry at the scientists that they unwittingly were already working on the assumption that "Viable evolutionary strategies are morally justifiable".

I wanted to make it clear that they are working on a different level, infact saying from observation and analysis "we tend to morally justify viable evolutionary strategies" or rather better put "our ideas of morally justifiable behaviour, is unconciously shaped by viable evolutionary strategies".

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
      I suppose he could, but he's apparantly to lazy to do that.
      He knew you were going to say that.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
        That's why Christianity has been corrupted, because the Bible isn't the complete Christian faith. People seeking power have added their own little philosophies to what Jesus said and the result is a convoluted religion bearing little semblance to what Jesus taught.
        Christianity would have been "corrupted" anyway, because the bible doesn't address every possible situation that could ever arise. If it did, it would probably fill the Library of Congress. Interpretation and adaptation to context has to happen; formal theological education just lets you know what ideas have been tried before and why they did or didn't work. Not every legacy is corrupt, y'know (I'm guessing that that statement makes me an Apolyton heretic though).
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
        X