• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another interesting headline from the BBC

"Iraq oil assets 'up for sale'

By Andrew Walker
    BBC economics correspondent in Dubai

Oil is Iraq's most valuable asset
    Ali Allawi, the trade minister in the US-backed administration in Iraq, has said that foreign ownership of assets in the country's oil industry has not been ruled out.

In an interview with the BBC during the IMF and World Bank annual meetings in Dubai, Mr Allawi said that he expects some form of foreign involvement in the sector, although there are other possibilities than ownership. "

How do you get from "foregn ownership of assets has not been ruled out" to "oil assets up for sale"?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Re: another interesting headline from the BBC

Originally posted by lord of the mark

How do you get from "foreign ownership of assets has not been ruled out" to "oil assets up for sale"?
    By being a trained journalist and realising that a proportion of your target audience have the attention span of a dead goldfish.

Maybe someone wants a job at Fox?
    Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

That headline isn't interesting at all.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

If, when the social and political environment in Iraq has calmed, you can come and show us that the Iraqi oil assets are 100% under Iraqi control, then I shall view this article in a new light, but if anyone believes that then I shall wait for them to reveal themselves and only then release the choicest phrases at my disposal in a vain effort to encompass their folly.

Comment

Working...
        X