No announcement yet.

A Soldier's Doubt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference, Timexwatch, is that one is stationed in a combat zone, while the other isn't.

In general, I've found that soldiers who've served in combat areas tend to be a lot less willing to see other soldiers go fight, whereas soldiers who served elsewhere are a lot more ready to send their fellows into combat. Obviously this is not always the case, and it's only my personal experience, so take that as you may.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Timexwatch: Thanks for participating in a positive manner in this thread. That soldier's letter is just as important as any others'. Each person is having a unique experience in Iraq and its good to read about such diverse experiences.

yavoon: sorry I'm not here to provide you with "interesting" responses. If you don't want to participate in the thread in a positive manner and just want to flame, leave the thread please.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        Timexwatch: Thanks for participating in a positive manner in this thread. That soldier's letter is just as important as any others'. Each person is having a unique experience in Iraq and its good to read about such diverse experiences.

yavoon: sorry I'm not here to provide you with "interesting" responses. If you don't want to participate in the thread in a positive manner and just want to flame, leave the thread please.
        the irony is thick and funny.

Comment

People are welcome to their opinions... However, they aren't welcome to make personal insults or start flame wars...

So let's just chill a bit and continue this as a civil discussion.

If not... a restriction or two could always settle things down
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Popular resistance against a war doesn't mean that war is wrong. That's why I advocate parliamentary democracy over direct democracy - unpopular decisions have to be made sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
              Popular resistance against a war doesn't mean that war is wrong. That's why I advocate parliamentary democracy over direct democracy - unpopular decisions have to be made sometimes.
              I would agree. But sometimes, popular resistance is right.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Here is the basic problem with this whole thing.

If you don't like doing things you don't agree with, then don't VOLUNTARILY SIGN UP TO BE A SOLDIER.

I mean it is really that damn simple.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

If you don't like doing things you don't agree with, then don't VOLUNTARILY SIGN UP TO BE A SOLDIER.

I mean it is really that damn simple.
                  The problem is that many soldiers signed up to defend America's constitution and freedoms, not to be pawns in some radical right scheme.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by yavoon

I don't see how being in iraq makes me more capable of assertaining the "pleas of the american ppl" u gigantic moron.

seek medical help
                    One more personal insult like this out of you, and you'll be gone for a week.
                    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

I'd really rather have soliders who disagree with the government's policies than those who will do whatever they're told with no remorse or thought. We don't want to be Germans after all.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I am with Che on the last one

however, it is true that the first writer just seemed to diagree, it did not seem as if he had any personal experience in Iraq that turned his thoughts against the war when they had been for the war before

as such the fact he is in the military has no bearing other than for interests sake

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                        X