Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How contrary of you, Japher.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

, I voted 1-20%
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I get mad when my friends get twice the reward as me, whether or not they worked more than twice as much for the reward.

:-p

Comment

The rich do pay more
          Not in a flat tax system.

They do? Are there special roads/services/police stations just for the rich? I guess I missed that... Do you ever stop and realize that the rich actually put more into the system than the poor do?
          Lets put it this way. If there were no police, the poor would take everything the rich have. If there was no army, the rich wouldnt have any poor people to protect them. So yeah, the rich do get more from the government then the poor.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

This just isn't analogous to current human society.

However, if you guys are going to argue over which group (rich or poor) pays more taxes, I think you need to set some criteria to divide one from the other. $X per year per person income, or something like that.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

well it was either communism or religion. I guess this thread is sacrificed to communism

Comment

Lets put it this way. If there were no police, the poor would take everything the rich have. If there was no army, the rich wouldnt have any poor people to protect them. So yeah, the rich do get more from the government then the poor.

You seem to think that the rich won't have their own private brute squads.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes they do. If you have a million dollars, 15% of that is far more than 15% of 40,000 dollars. In fact, 15% of a million dollars is 4 times as much as the SALARY of the guy who makes 40,000.
                  Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                  Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia

No, the rich would hire their own little armies and enslave the poor. The task of the police is to teach the poor their proper place so that the rich won't have to openly make them slaves! So yes, the rich do get more out of their taxes because hey get slaves who believe that they are free, thereby saving the rich from the onus of owning slaves.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Actually, the monkey obviously wants all monkeys to get paid the same wage for the same effort..without being beholden to a market setting wages based on "market" needs...

The monkeys are Reds! Even nature disproves you Beserker.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Actually, the monkey obviously wants all monkeys to get paid the same wage for the same effort..without being beholden to a market setting wages based on "market" needs...
                        You scoff at the term "market" as if it is imaginery. What a ****ing riot. When you get sick, you have no use for a janitor or a garbageman or a farm worker - you need a DOCTOR. You know, someone who went to school for 6, 7 years, had a hellish 3 year internship, and pulls 48 hour shifts while paying tens of thousands of dollars per year in insurance just for the ability to help sick people. And you're telling me the doctor doesn't deserve every penny he makes, or that the guy who sweeps the floors should be paid the same? ****, dude, I haven't laughed that hard in a while
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd

You scoff at the term "market" as if it is imaginery. What a ****ing riot. When you get sick, you have no use for a janitor or a garbageman or a farm worker - you need a DOCTOR. You know, someone who went to school for 6, 7 years, had a hellish 3 year internship, and pulls 48 hour shifts while paying tens of thousands of dollars per year in insurance just for the ability to help sick people. And you're telling me the doctor doesn't deserve every penny he makes, or that the guy who sweeps the floors should be paid the same? ****, dude, I haven't laughed that hard in a while
                          He did say "for the same effort". Maybe the protesting monkey was a female, or a .............. whoa, I better not go there.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Define "effort". Arguable, a janitor who pulls a 48 hour shift sweeping the stairs on a 50 story building puts in a similar amount of effort as an on-call doctor pulling a 48 hour shift, at least in terms of labor, physical exhaustion, etc. Doesn't mean the janitor deserves the same wage, though.

Comment

You think the moneky gives a hoot? It felt it did the same amount of labor, effort, whatever, as monkey number two, but that monkey got more, so screw you guys, i will do nothing until I feel I am equally compensated..all you posted is 100% irrelevant to a monkey, which is what Bezerker tried to use as a lame libertarian troll..monkeys want equality, or to dominate, so if they are a measure of nature, libertarianism is an absurdity (at least, to monkey's), so take your empty ideological baggage to some creature stupid enough ot buy it..wait, you did, Man....
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You think the moneky gives a hoot? It felt it did the same amount of labor, effort, whatever, as monkey number two, but that monkey got more, so screw you guys, i will do nothing until I feel I am equally compensated
                                Precisely. The monkeys did the SAME labor. You're the one who implied that this meant the marketplace was unfair from the monkey's perspective. Hello! A monkey isn't that smart! Obviously a monkey understands that he deserves the same compensation for the same labor, and that this compensation shouldn't be taken away or withheld, but that's the extent of it.

Berzerker's point, I think, was simply that a monkey can understand SIMPLE principles of fairness, not more complex principles.

Comment

Working...
                                X