No announcement yet.

Monkeys Understand Fairness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The monkey part of the story is interesting.
    The troll attached to it isn't.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Don't you see the implication of this study?

Comment

And some spiders eat their males after sex, se the implications of that eh?

Comment

Is that "fair"?

Comment

Re: Monkeys Understand Fairness

Originally posted by Berzerker
            According to an Emory U study, monkeys (can't remember which kind) do understand fairness. Monkeys given treats for their effort react negatively - refusing further cooperation - when they see a fellow monkey get twice the treats for doing the same labor.

Now we need to see how a monkey reacts when politicians take away 1/2 of their treat while taking 1/4 from another monkey to see if "progressive" taxation is "fair".
            Try setting one monkey up in a luxurious cage with as many treats as it wants and an extensive training program to teach it different kinds of labour.

Set the other monkey in a crappy old cage with bad food and no training.

Give both monkeys the chance to earn more treats by performing the labour tasks the first monkey was trained on.

See if they think it's fair.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Chicken skin is a great compliment to the chicken proper if it's roasted properly. Otherwise, it's ikky.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

What do Finns know about good cuisine?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It doesn't show that monkeys understand fairness. It just shows that they are greedy little buggers, who'll steal your hat!
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Proof that they have nothing in common with humans
                    Blah

Comment

Isn't chicken skin called Cracklin? or something... I've seen Jaque Pepon fry it and put it on salad before... My lil' sis loves chicken skin, I don't care much for it...

Monkeys are awesome, they aren't stupid like Otters or Squirrels
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

You´re a Otter-hater!
                        Blah

Comment

Tell me how its fair when tax revenue from the poor exceeds that of the rich? The rich get a lot more from the state then the poor do, so its only 'fair' (again, the use of that word) that the rich pay more.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

its only 'fair' (again, the use of that word) that the rich pay more.
                            The rich do pay more

rich get a lot more from the state then the poor do
                            They do? Are there special roads/services/police stations just for the rich? I guess I missed that... Do you ever stop and realize that the rich actually put more into the system than the poor do?

Life ain't fair, and neither are taxes (no matter how much), sitting around living with this type of attitude will get you know where... Become rich and then we'll see what you are complaining about.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Did the Monkeys who felt wronged throw poo at the trainers?

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

BeBro: Oh, I'm not an Otter hater or a Squirrel hater, I just did said that because a) it's true and b) to get a rise out of you and Boshko.

Monkey's throw poo just for fun sometimes, they don't have to be mad.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X