A thought I just had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought I just had

The basic building block of our universe has to be indivisible otherwise it wouldn't be the most basic one. Our consciousness can't be split in two if you think about it, so the universe is built up from consciousness. Discuss.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How do YOU know our consciouness can't be split in two? How do YOU know there is only one "thing" that is indivisible?
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Park Avenue needs to get laid . . .

discuss.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I think we ALL need to get laid.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think we're figment's of some delusional person's imagination.

Sava, are we ?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The universe is built of the quarks (I think ) in the gluons and protons and neutrons (I think ) in atoms that form molecules of substances and compounds (I think ).

Or it would be just as easy to go along the fringe routes such as "We're a computer simulation" or something.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

What is with you and your latest mind = everything drive?

Besides, there are theories out there that suggest the unitary self, a single consciousness is an illusion. One's the multiple drafts theory which views consciousness as a draft constantly being rewritten by the team of individual sub-conscious pieces. There are also differing levels of consciousness that have the brain working at higher or lower levels of cognitation. Consciousness isn't the unitary thing it seems to be. The idea that we are unitary beings is an illusion in mind and body. We are a battle ground for genes, the creation of brief ceasefires and temporary alliances between allele commanders. We are the play of the mind, with many actors uneasily working together to put on a show.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  I think we're figment's of some delusional person's imagination.

Sava, are we ?
                  AHHHH THE VOICES WHO ARE YOU, STIOP WRITING IN MY JORUAN!L!!!!!!

I think consciousness can be split in two... look at multiple personality disorders.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't think too much, Bodds. You might hurt yourself.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that head of his

"So, Bodds, how's it going?"
                      "I'm not Bodds I'm Park you nim rod!!!"
                      "No, I am still here, you can't get away that easily."
                      "Yes I can! I need a beer..."
                      "Don't matter, if you have a beer than I will have one too!"
                      "Oh, my god, we're inseperable!!!"
                      "Yes we are, mwahahahaha!"
                      "If were inseperable that means my mind is inseperable and if that is the case everything in my head is as real as everything outside of my head and is also inseperable!!!"
                      "Yes"
                      "I have to write this down!"
                      "Just don't tell them about your idea for the flux compacitor, it wouldn't help you travel through time."
                      "Shud up Bodds, that was your idea not mine."

God, it's gotta be a mess in there
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

"What is mind? No matter."

"What is matter? Never mind."
                        "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Even if we accept your premises, the conclusion does not logically follow.

There may be other indivisible things.

Comment

Re: A thought I just had

Originally posted by Park Avenue
                            The basic building block of our universe has to be indivisible otherwise it wouldn't be the most basic one. Our consciousness can't be split in two if you think about it, so the universe is built up from consciousness. Discuss.
                            you're not going to a very good university

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              AHHHH THE VOICES WHO ARE YOU, STIOP WRITING IN MY JORUAN!L!!!!!!

I think consciousness can be split in two... look at multiple personality disorders.
                              Nahhh, most of 'em are schizophrenics or charlatins.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                              X