No announcement yet.

A moral dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a general concensus on "unfinished business." Many people thought the decision to stop where Bush I stopped was a mistake, in retrospect, and that Saddam would never really cooperate with the UN (which would never really make an effort to force him to) and therefore we should just take him out.

Please note that the above is a general outline, and does not reflect my views (some of it, but certainly not all), so don't bother arguing with me over it.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Regarding your moral dilema...i can sympathise (but then I too am less than sober). Personally I would always say I valued human life above all else...but in situations like this it cannot be that black and white. I loath the idea of American soldiers dying and cannot even begin to consider the possibility that more should have been killed because then it would make the US less confident in tramping through every country they come across.

But then, if they continue to do this, it inevitably means loss of life on a far larger scale, as it will mean a large death toll in whatever country they happen to invade...so I do not really know. A pointless post..I have confused myself
      Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Half the population has been wanting another war with Iraq since the last?
        Yes, sir. Much more than half. One of the most consistent poll numbers that I've seen.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Human life above all... I'm a love-motived as well as rationality motivated individual. I'm equally sad when anyone, US or Iraqi dies.

War sucks. Blame the donkeys leading the lions.
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Yes, sir. Much more than half. One of the most consistent poll numbers that I've seen.
            62% isn't 'much more' than half, especially when considering the margin of error present in all polls.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

62% isn't 'much more' than half,
              In an election, it'd be a landslide
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                Human life above all... I'm a love-motived as well as rationality motivated individual. I'm equally sad when anyone, US or Iraqi dies.

I agree

Make love not war

*Giovanni Wine imagine a scene of Saddam and Bush making love

Well... ehrrr.. maybe a shake of hands will be enough

Saluti
                "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
                The trick is the doing something else."
                — Leonardo da Vinci
                "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
                "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

human life above all why the us bombed

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A moral dilemma

Originally posted by Tingkai
                    UR: What are you doing up so late?
                    I was going to ask you the same question.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by elijah

Copycat post
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                        In matters of war and peace, it is much harder to lead the American people where they don't wish to go than you might think.
                        That's such crap.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Hope for a speedy end to the war and stabilisation in Iraq and worry about the future later.

Comment

Working...
                          X