Anyone up for some PBEM EU II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone up for some PBEM EU II?

If we could get maybe 3-4 people to play we could get some PBEM EU II going. What could happen is one person plays for 10 years as one country and then e-mails the save file to the next person who then plays the save game with a different country for 10 years etc. etc.

This of course means that you have to entrust your country to AI-management a good bit of your hand but that just leads to some fun uncertainties.

I was thinking of playing medium to small-sized countries, since that's what I normally play. Maybe the Papacy, Savoy, Tuetonic Knights or ones around that size, but I'm flexible.
    Stop Quoting Ben

I'd do it, but my copy of EUII is rather heavily modded.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i'd be up for it, but like che my copy isn't standard (we both use EEP + beta right che?). also i'm going back to uni in a couple of days and may not have net access.

so...err..put me down as a 'maybe'
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Aren't ypou running enough games?

I have a question for you in the diplomacy forum.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well this is playing, not running
          I'm using the beta 1.07 myself.
          I'm sure we can find some mutually-acceptable way to mod our games...
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Sure, sounds fine. EEP or standard?
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

If standard 1.0.7+no betas I'd be willing to try.
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Why is this here?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

But does the presence of moddirs (ex: ../EEP, .../AON, etc.) by themselves, matter for PBEMs though (I've only tried to play a couple of times and without much luck in the process, but then I hadn't got some extra RAM then)?
                  DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

See, here's the problem. I have no idea how I've modded my game. I know I don't have all the betas, nor the latest EEP. (My own mods I keep in a seperate copy of the game for testing). I suppose I could do a clean install and upgrade.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

could reinstall myself
                      1.07 with no betas upgrades or mods would probably be best I think...
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

1.07 is broke. it needs the betas.

Comment

PBEM is to slow. Why don't we just play a regular MP game?
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This weekend?

Comment

Could possibly do a MP game on sunday, if the time's right...
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X