Questions for Norwegian People.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Norwegian People.

Hi Norse people, I have a few questions I need to know about your government?

How many branches of government exist? What are they?

How is the chief executive selected? How long does he/she serve? How can he/she be removed?

How is the legislature selected? What powers does it have?

How is the judiciary selected if you have one?

Do "states" exist in your nation? If so, what are their powers?

Are there any limits on the power of government? If so, what are they?

What civil rights and liberties (if any) do citizens enjoy?

I'm not Norweigen but I like fishing and camping so that has to be worth something.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Questions for Norwegian People.

Originally posted by Insigna

What civil rights and liberties (if any) do citizens enjoy?
      Thats an odd way of putting it....
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

From a line like that Snotty, you can quickly spot the American
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Don't ask about their dress sense, I've worked with more than a few, and its shocking!

Comment

Most all European countries have managed to take their turn as a world power at some point in history. Whichever country was world power used the opportunity to somehow expand their territory and/or spread their culture. What I find interesting about the Norse is how they managed to use their time as world power - the time of the Vikings which would be from Dark Ages to Early Middle Ages - to simply rape, loot, pillage, and burn. They weren't concerned with much beyond that it seems. What have they really contributed to the advancement of humanity compared to other nations in the world?

Comment

What in the heck is Norwegian wood ?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I am Norwegian-American.

Feephi, The Norwegians were master sailors and they were the first Europeans to set foot upon North America. Many English words, such as knife, wolf, basically most words in which the plural ends on -ves like wolves and knives, are of Norse origin.

Comment

I heard that Norway is just one big, huge reindeer ranch.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Feephi What I find interesting about the Norse is how they managed to use their time as world power - the time of the Vikings which would be from Dark Ages to Early Middle Ages - to simply rape, loot, pillage, and burn.
                    I think the Swedes here would want you to look up Gustavus Adolphus, Thirty Years' War, and Charles XII.

In Norway's defense, it was a vassal of Denmark and then of Sweden from the Union of Kalmar to the 20th Century.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                      Feephi, The Norwegians were master sailors and they were the first Europeans to set foot upon North America.

Icelanders did that. You might as well say that Turks were the first Europeans to set foot upon North America.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X