No announcement yet.

Report: US is #1 in School Spending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, if you go to Todai you never have to worry about looking for a job or working hard. Companies will hire you just for the prestige that having a Todai graduate employed gives them.

It's also essential for those who want a career in politics, as you mentioned.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• kinda like going to the ivies and other first tier schools here in the states.
      B♭3

Comment

• No, it's way worse. You can't believe how easy a person's life can be just because they went to Tokyo University.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
          Though we must be careful not to go to South Korean levels. I hear they beat their students for getting lower than a perfect (or near-perfect) score

what, your parents didn't do that to you?
          more seriously, my youngest cousin goes to school at 7 in the morning, and comes home at 4. he then eats dinner, gets a bit of free time, and then goes back to another prep school from 7pm to about 10.
          he's in the fourth grade.

That's just horrible, I would simply slice a few teachers throats one day if I had to go through such horror. It is true that this kind of education makes sure your kids will do well in tests, but is the effort wirth it? On average S-Koreans will do slightly better than for example Belgian teenagers but not by that much. (I remember in maths Japan and S.Korea teenagers were #1 and #2, and Belgians were #3, but that survey is from a few years ago I think so not up-to-date). You need to give people breathing space, it's like when you learn for your exams, you really need to relax as often as possible,.. clear your mind; if you don't you'll get an overload, blackouts etc.. Same thing in life: if you keep maintaing that kind of education and way of living in general, people will burnout in their forties and will totally crash. Psychologically it's not healthy for people (remember that Japanese phenomenon, hishkomori or something? where young adults lock themselves up in their room for years mainly because of the extremely loaded education programme they need to follow if they want to be able to be successful)

In Belgium there are campaigns of the government to make sciences and maths more popular, you will want to have young people look at sciences as interesting, not make them associate it with boring ****e. And it works, we're being pretty successful with it, our kids get good results in general, and many kids are interested

school still $ucks big time though if nearly all the teachers are picking on you
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
          X