Syria next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edan
    Umm, yes it does. It means that if one were to hold Israel to the NPT, Israel would be a nuclear-weapon state, not a non-nuclear weapon state.
    Israel could have declared and joined the NPT and have this been a non-issue: the thing is if Israel was nucelar as of 1967, then of course that meant admitting that it had lied to the US through the '60's through its teeth.

I still am skeptical fo the claim that Israel was a full member of the nuclear club as of '67.

All of which still leaves the point moot, vis a vi my arguement with Imran.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Israel could have declared and joined the NPT and have this been a non-issue
      Yes, but IIRC the US didn't want Israel to declare itself a nuclear power for fear of starting a Mideast nuclear arms race (eg, like India and Pakistan, US and Russia, etc).
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

I still am skeptical fo the claim that Israel was a full member of the nuclear club as of '67.
        My understanding is that they went hot in 1960.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          My understanding is that they went hot in 1960.
          Now that is impossible: France went nulcear in 1960, no way Israel did then.

Comment

Invasion of Syria? Probably not. Continued US bases in Western Iraq (remember the two airfields we siezed?) will start to supply a steady flow of armed insurgents. Low grade Israeli attacks on Syrian clients and some Syrian trrop positions in Lebanon will resume under auspices of "eliminating terrorist". Syria's government will come under increasing economic power and will eithier destabilize or go to war with Israel. If destabilized, then US puppet leader will rise. If war, then US airpower will intervene to provide quick Israeli victory. UN brokered ceasefire will cause Syrian Government to fall and US puppet will rise.

I think thats the conventional Washington wisdom right now.
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Israel won't attack Hizbollah, and insurgents in Syria? Their internal services are as good as Iraq's.

That scenerio is highly unlikely.

Comment

Israel won't attack Hizbollah, and insurgents in Syria? Their internal services are as good as Iraq's.

That scenerio is highly unlikely.
                Didn't say it was likely. Said it was "conventional Washington wisdom"

Big difference...as I am sure you of all people would agree.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                X