Genetically Modified Foods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genetically Modified Foods...

someone educate me... I hear about all these protestors protesting GM modified foods... WHY?

What is good about them? What is bad?

Why does it already have it's own cult following of hippie protestors?

In theory, nothing seems wrong with genetically modifying food. In fact, I think it would be a good idea. Imagine if we could change the amount of calories, carbs, or fat in foods. THAT WOULD BE AWSOME

GO HOME HIPPIES!
    To us, it is the BEAST.

"hippies... dirty hippies... they say they wanna save the world, but all they do is smoke weed and smell funny... hiiipppiiesss..."
    -Eric Cartman having a nightmare
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Mostly it's just uninformed nonsense from the fringe luddite groups. They seem to think GM foods will produce a Frankenstein's monster which will sneak into their houses and eat them while they sleep.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Someone should tell these protestors that the 1960's are over . . .
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Hell, they ought to tell them that the 1860's are over.

Comment

Of course you asked this when most of Europe is asleep. I'm quite sure that when they awaken, they'll be glad to fill you in, Sava.

In short they're evil because they're

1. "Untested." Regardless of how much it has been tested, "more studies need to be done."
            2. "Unnatural." You know, like broccoli.
            3. "Puts agriculture in the hands of GREEDY EVIL corporations, which, of course, is an evil to be avoided at all costs."

Plus, won't anybody think of the children?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Hell, they ought to tell them that the 1860's are over.
              1860's -- there were no hippies alive back then anyway, cause the ancestors of the like of Slowwy lynched them.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

The sad thing is that farmers have been crossbreeding plants since the beginning of time.

GM foods are awesome because in many cases, they can be grown in really harsh environments.
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Another point is that GM foods are fine.

It's the processing that happens AFTER the crops are harvested that can really f things up.
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Mostly it's just uninformed nonsense from the fringe luddite groups.

Don't forget about the French.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

In Soviet Russia, vegetables eat YOU!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It must be the radiation.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

GM foods are enviromentaly damaging.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The genes in GM foods could be transferred into other plants and accelerate the 'evolutionary arms race'. The effects could be disastrous.

Comment

Do you both really believe that?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X