Virus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus?

Just curious to see how many people here actually have gotten a virus!

I have only had 1 virus, which I got at a netparty. Most of the time I don't have a virus scanner installed...

I'm spending lots of time in places where there's a high risk on getting a virus, I'm quite suprised I haven't gotten any from there
    Never
    31.58%
    Only once
    26.32%
    Twice
    21.05%
    Between three and six times
    10.53%
    Between seven or ten times
    0.00%
    More than ten times
    10.53%
    What's a virus?
    0.00%
    I've only been infected by the Banana-virus
    0.00%
    This space is empty... or is it?

maybe once, but i don't think so.

i keep my system locked down quite well.
    B♭3

Comment

I've had many virus infections... but my computer? not many. About two throughout my life and all my computers.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Just the one, back in the days when people still used floppy disks for stuff.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

27 viruses
          ffffffffffffffffffff

Comment

Computer viruses? I didn't get any.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I've tried downloading some to send to friends, but they never work.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I got installed one by a computer shop back in 1991. I brought my glorious 286/16 MHz in the shop for an hardware upgrade. They offered me a "very cheap and efficient" anti virus software. I declined. When I got my computer back the next day and got home with it, it was infected by a (relatively harmless) Yankee doodle virus. I am very sure, that it was clean when I brought it there (I was running F-PROT from a r/o floppy disk daily). These *******s must have installed it to force me to buy their "cheap and efficient" crap. I couldn't prove it though, but this incident made me never to enter this shop again and to warn all my friends about their practices.

Comment

This machine runs linux, and only my standalone machine runs WinXP. In other words, never.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Hehe, blessed are the young folks. There was no Linux when that happened. It was initiated in the end of that year, but even then it was nothing one would run without being a hopeless geek (not that it's very different today ). All I had was MS-DOS (3.2, IIRC) and a Windows 3.0. Even with Solitaire!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                      ...it was infected by a (relatively harmless) Yankee doodle virus.
                      Ah, the good old days. Back then, writing a virus required real work.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Never had one that deleted any files, just one that changed my text documents to gibberish til I fixed it and one that spawned files that clogged my system up. Lucky I guess...
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                        X