'Children and their Families; Contact, Rights & Welfare'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackice
    So you measure all Dad's based on your own?
    Sure. And pretty much every dad I know is worse than mine. I also know the statistics, and my dad is way better than the average American male in just about every respect. The problem is that the average is so bad that he can be way better than average and still not compare to my mom.

Don't get me wrong good mom's are great and in some house holds hard to find. Good Dad's are everywhere and in some house holds as yours hard to find.

Are you implying that good dads are more common than good moms? That's rubbish, and plenty of good statistics have already been quoted to disprove it.

do not condem the rest for your misfortune...

Stop being condescending, and stop insulting my dad because I was honest enough to look at how society's expectations differ. I clearly stated that I was lucky to have someone so good. By a relative measure, I have a good dad, but by an absolute measure he contributes less than my mom.

Comment

chegitz -
      More often than you'd like to think. Spousal-abusers (male and female) are often much more assertive of their rights, while abusees (male and female) tend not to be, unless they've made the decision to break free.
      If the court doesn't know someone seeking custody is a wife-beater because the victim doesn't speak up, that ain't the court's fault.

berzerker, while a majority of all households may have dual incomes, statistically, men still do less than 50% of the work load around the house. You say that the reason men do less work at home is because they are at work. Rufus was discussing two-income families. The wife also goes to work, and when they get home, she tends to do more work around the house than the man.
      We were talking about single and dual income households. Obviously if you take both parents out of the home to earn what they need (and what the politicians need), then the mother on average will do more work because mothers are "naturally" keepers of the home.

blackice - No one here seems interested in addressing your opening post, they'd rather change the debate to which parent "works" more. Why I don't know, but the thread has become pointless...

Richard - what stats? I keep hearing about stats and never see any...

Comment

Working...
      X