Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Graham Norton?

Really... Who is he?

I heard him on my local morning radio show, he has been on with Sara and Noname all morning and while a total flammer is really funny.

Yet, who is he and what is your opinion of him.

Thanks.
    Monkey!!!

He has a talk show in britain called So Graham Norton. And yeah, he is a funny guy. His interviews with william shatner and Sophia Loren are awesome.
    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
    Drake Tungsten
    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
    Albert Speer

Comment

He used to be pretty good (So Graham Norton was extremely funny), but recently he's started to become somewhat stale. His newer show, V Graham Norton, is a rather poor version of So Graham Norton. He's also started to become smutty for the sake of being smutty, rather than because it's funny. In short, he's good but he's in danger of going the way of Ali G if he doesn't try something new soon.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

So GN was good as it was weekly, while V GN was daily which is over-kill. Funny bloke though.
        Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

see i think i'm the only person in england who doesn't find him funny. his interviews are dire, once you've seen one you've seen them all, same jokes, all gay innuendo, which would be funny if it wasn't so overdone.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

We used to watch him on BBCAmerica. Gawd, he was hysterical.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If you want to see Graham Norton at his best, watch the episodes of "Father Ted" where he cameos as Father Noel Furlong.

An example; himself, Ted and a group of tourists were trapped in a cave, no way out. Noel suggests:

"Let's have a screeching contest"!

And pulls the cave down on top of himself.
              STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

now that WAS funny, but then father ted was pretty much all comic genius
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yes, Father Ted was classic; they're repeating it on RTE at the moment. Even though I've seen every episode at least twice and know the jokes by heart, I just can't help myself.
                  STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

This sucks, I don't even have the option to watch it
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

His interview and trip around Dollyworld with Dolly Parton is a must see.

Also, as part of his old weekly show, he had a segment where he would bring up 'interesting' web sites with his celebrity guests, or ring people who were 'fans' of said celebrities.

Catherine Deneuve's reaction was a joy to behold, and he rang up one hairdresser in Texas who claimed to be a friend of and hairdresser to Jerry Hall. Except 't'weren't true, and Jerry was Graham's guest- and on the other end of the party line.....

There are also very silly games to end the show, such as making portraits of yourself (I think someone used raw meat- v.disturbed) and bringing in your worst bad hair day photograph, or most embarrassing item of clothing. Judging from some posts, Apolyton could provide an excellent audience.....
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

He used to be funny (the old So Graham Norton show was excellent and produced some of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV), but isn't anymore.

Part of the reason for that is because his show is on far too often now - the material is spread far too thin and the places vacated by decent jokes or skits haevebeen replaced by "I'm really really camp! Isn't that funny?" humour worse than even the worst bits of Will and Grace.

Some people could do with realising that, while there is nothing in the world to stop an openly gay person from being funny, simply being gay is not comedy.
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

and he rang up one hairdresser in Texas who claimed to be a friend of and hairdresser to Jerry Hall. Except 't'weren't true, and Jerry was Graham's guest- and on the other end of the party line.....

That was great.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Another great phone-in was where GN rang up some guy who ran a sort of Elton John gay-fetish site on the internet. Elton was a guest on the show and when he was talking to this guy there was some suspiciously heavy breathing on the other end of the line. When Elton started singing Rocketman (or whatever) there were sounds of a barely-muffled climax from this fetish dude. Great stuff.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
                            X