Dimmu Borgir!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmu Borgir!!!

I know that pretty much Apolyton's general taste in music sucks, so I'm here to enlighten.

I recently picked up Dimmu Borgir's new album, Death Cult Armageddon. This album kicks ass. Some of the best black metal I have ever heard.

I'm sure most of you would rather listen to the White Stripes or Missy Elliot or some other mediocre music, but when you feel like picking up something good, get this album. Seriously, it rules.

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

I'm sure most of you would rather listen to the White Stripes

Why are you doggin' the White Stripes? Jack White is in this band as well, third from the left.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        I'm sure most of you would rather listen to the White Stripes

Why are you doggin' the White Stripes? Jack White is in this band as well, third from the left.
        'Cause I know most people here like 'em. I have nothing against the White Stripes really, they're good, just not my style.

I really am missing the resemblence though
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

You need to find a picture of Jack White in concert. His snarling face is eerily similar to Mr. Death Metal's.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Re: Dimmu Borgir!!!

Originally posted by BustaMike
            I recently picked up Dimmu Borgir's new album, Death Cult Armageddon. This album kicks ass. Some of the best black metal I have ever heard.
            I heard a few songs from this CD, much better than the previous CD, although not quite as good as "Stormblast", my favourite Dimmu CD
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

These promotional pics always crack me up.

"We're so bad! Grrrrrrr! Hurry up and take the picture, I wanna get this Uncle Fester make-up off and hit the mall."
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Yes, it makes those posed shots seem far less menacing and edgy when you remember that they were probably taken in some converted warehouse by some limp-wristed fop gushing "Yes, that's it, work it darlings! You're fabulous, I want you to scare me. Scare me! Ooh, that's wonderful, you're animals ..... and I'm spent."
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

So you mean they don't always walk around with that evil expression on their face?

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Dimmu Borgir = Bürgerschreck

Comment

I like "För all tid" and Stormblåst more. Of course, the quality is much better in their new albums, but the music itself not. And the same goes for the best black metal (some would say that they are no black metal, lacking the right ideology nowadays) there are better bands. Dimmu maybe has better sound, but the music is often as "sterile" and kind of empty as their sound. My respect for them has also dropped as I found out that they have done some copying from other works.

What I'm really trying to say here is, Dimmu Borgir is good music, but they really need something a lot more to be great.
                      :p:p:p|__Hakkapeliitta/Jeki__|:p:p:p
                      You wanna see me spank my monkey?
                      I'll shake your hand later, I have an...itch.

Comment

I hate metal.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I hate black metal.

Comment

I hate Finnish black metal.

Comment

I hate Illinois Nazis.
                              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                              X