The Future of Working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of Working.

Ok, this is something I have been thinking about quite a lot recently.

"The poor stay poor and the rich get richer". Soon, this will be a saying that won't be said anymore.

I believe, that the Government won't ALLOW, EVERYONE (capable of working) in a short space of time, to be rich (I mean, rich enough to have a GOOD STANDARD of living and not having to work at some "low" paying job).

The reason I say that the government won't allow everyone to be rich, is because I can see now, that rich people, don't want to do all the REALLY important jobs that matter.

For example, a rich person would most likely not join the army, clean the streets, stack shelves, clear rubbish, etc. These sorts of jobs, if stopped, would cripple the country in days. The country, REQUIRES to have people who are "forced" into taking, low paying, or rather, crappy, "easy-to-get" jobs.

But, I believe, that we are in a very long process, of more and more people finding it easier to raise their standards of living, and not having to take on crappy jobs. I think, eventually, machines (robots, computers), will do most of the jobs that countries REQUIRE in order to function each and every day.

Therefore, the government, would see no reason to keep the poor in their place, and thus, a vast majority of the country, will be living in a medium to high standard of living.

What are your thoughts? Am I accurate? Or am I thinking nonsense?
    be free

So you cater to the mudsill theory?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

What is the mudsill theory exactly?

(I did a google search, but it's a lot to read!)
      be free

Comment

ok, found it in the dictionary

I don't cater to it
        be free

Comment

Why the conspiracy theory? You have way too much respect for the government's ability to control things. Maybe they're more capable in a country like NZ. I don't know.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: The Future of Working.

Originally posted by Sn00py

For example, a rich person would most likely not join the army, clean the streets, stack shelves, clear rubbish, etc.
            This has always been going on since the beginning of time though.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yes it has Ted, but it is coming to a time where it will soon stop (that is if ppl are willing to stop working on those sorts of jobs)
              be free

Comment

Oh and DanS, try to widen your imagination, when I say things, don't take it as a final answer, what I say is just breif.

I notice a lot of people on Apolyton do that.

The government doesn't really control it, just the build up civilization over thousands of years. But all in all, the government understands it, and lets it happen. (because it needs to)
                be free

Comment

Our standard of living is already very high -- Kings from centuries ago couldn't afford to live the way even our poor do now -- entertainment on demand, travel where ever, when ever, good food supplied from all over the world, etc.

Yet, the garbage still gets picked up.

Why?

Because we now pay them out the wazoo to do it.
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

it's all about the robots

the robots and nuclear weapons

it is all about the robots and nuclear weapons

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

jon miller makes his robot do all his work
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Nope, he IS a robot.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The government doesn't have to make people poor. People do a good enough job of that by themselves.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

For example, a rich person would most likely not join the army, clean the streets, stack shelves, clear rubbish, etc. These sorts of jobs, if stopped, would cripple the country in days. The country, REQUIRES to have people who are "forced" into taking, low paying, or rather, crappy, "easy-to-get" jobs.
                            This is quite true. What is actually happening though is that the army is smaller, streets don't get cleaned as often, and low-maintenance warehouse stores become more commonplace.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Mad Monk: Yes, but those people remain poor. If they were rich, they wouldn't have to do those jobs. That's one of the points I am making.

Once machines take over litter jobs entirely, there won't be any need for humans to do those jobs. Allowing room to make those people rich.

I actually believe that it is within the countries power to give ALL people a medium to high standard living. They just don't because it would cripple the nation.
                              be free

Comment

Working...
                              X