Estonia joins the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

I guess you'll just have to throw in with us, then.
    Gladly. Will you abolish the visa regime for us?
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

So, your neighbours can't do what they want because You don't feel good about it?
      They can. But if we are friends, they should not make us suffer.

It's Russia that makes problems at the borders. Russian visas on Polish-Russian borders are 6x higher than Polish ones...
      There were no problems (no visas) before you decided to submit to the EU bureaucracy.

When their problems with imperial ambitions, violating human rights, corruption etc will get smaller.
      That's the optimistic version.
      Russians will be treated better than any other EU neighbours anyway.
      These last two observations don't alter the fact that the Russian people will suffer as a result of the expansion.

Comment

Russian people only suffer because of your incompetent, corrupted, bully, imperialist, facist leaders. We - your neighbours know what were talking about. There just simply is no deal you guys haven't broke. Why shoul EU allow your mafia, prostitutes and car thieves flow freely to our rich homelands?
        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
          Russian people only suffer because of your incompetent, corrupted, bully, imperialist, facist leaders. We - your neighbours know what were talking about. There just simply is no deal you guys haven't broke. Why shoul EU allow your mafia, prostitutes and car thieves flow freely to our rich homelands?
          It's not that keeping Russia out saves us from their mafia, prostitutes and (well, along with Polish) car thieves. Germany is full of all sorts of them. The Russian mafia owns half of our capital. May be the whole, but who cares about stynkin' Berlin. Despite this fact, I would gladly see a much better cooperation of the EU with Russia.

Comment

Karmen Kass = HOT!
            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Russian girls are hot and should be welcomed in.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                Russian girls are hot and should be welcomed in.
                So true.

Comment

Great avatar, Sir Ralph Not that I just noticed it, but I simply didn't have an occasion to tell this to you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vagabond
                    Great avatar, Sir Ralph Not that I just noticed it, but I simply didn't have an occasion to tell this to you.
                    He was a great guy. A pity that he died so young.

Comment

but who is he?

Comment

i swear i got the bum deal here. everyone goes on about how fit russian birds are and yet i worked all summer with birds from former soviet bloc countries and none of them were nice, ffs!

oh and we don't want russia, we've got enough economic basket cases already, like germany and france
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

A Russian friend of mine suggested EU should join Russia as an autonomous oblast

But I wish Russia all the best and hope that they will join EU eventually
                          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Well, here I am not advocating for letting us into your "rich homelands" (i.e. a visa-free regime with the whole EU), although this matter can be discussed separately. What I am saying is more narrow in scope: conditions for the Russian people should not get worse as a result of the expansion (although if they get better it would be nice). This means in particular that if we now have a visa-free regime with certain East-European countries, it should stay like this after the expansion. Why the hell should a EU expansion mean a higher degree of isolation for us? After all, this contradicts to the very spirit of the EU. Or you expect us to sit back and fervently applaud the triumph a great international project, unparalleled in history, even if this project means a tighter stanglehold on us?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

He was a great guy. A pity that he died so young.
                              Sometimes this is a part of being great.

Comment

but who IS he?

Comment

Working...
                                X