Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuppie Get 1 Year for Hit and Run!!!

I'm rich don't send me to jail!

Pretty much this 18 y.o. girl hits two little girls; killing one and breaking the leg of the other one. Then, she ran for it. She gets 1 year in jail (probation in 8 mo.) plus 5 years probation, 1000 hours community service, and a $10,000 fine.

I think she got off light, what do you think?

She killed some one for christ sake! Then she wouldn't own up to it, and all she gets is 1 year!

Damn, I wish I was rich!

Only in Palo Alto.

What do you think?
    Monkey!!!

If he's black or latino, and in Texas, he gets strapped to a gurney and a needle in his arm.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Apparently that's the maximum sentence she could face.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yes, but it makes you wonder what type of parent lets their kids play in the middle of the street.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That she ran over two girls are one thing. That she tried to get away is another. Such cowardly behavior is disgusting. If you make a misstake that might end the life of others, you better stick around and do whatever you possibly can.

Comment

Tragic.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

It was the maximum sentence for what she was charged for, I think she should of been charged with 2nd degree manslaughter, assault with a deadly weapon, fleeing the scene of an acident, impeding an investigation, misleading the police, etc...

I use to live in a condo that was right on a greenbelt and across the street from an elementry/middle/high scool that had over 20 acres of lawn, play grounds, skate park, etc... And the stupid kids would still play in the street!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

She definately got off lightly.
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                  If he's black or latino, and in Texas, he gets strapped to a gurney and a needle in his arm.
                  Or if he is commie scum.
                  Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                  Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                  "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                  From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Among other evidence, an accident reconstruction concluded that Coughran dragged Amy's bike for a considerable distance and may have swerved to dislodge it. And police evidence technicians had discovered Amy's hair and DNA on the hood of the car showing that at one point, she theoretically had been in plain view of the driver.

Nice.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

What's worse is that the general consensus is sympathetic towards this fool... A few days ago they printed her apology letter that she read to the court in the paper, front page. I had to go to A11 to see what the victums parents had to say.

F'in soccer mom in training.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Killing someone in a traffic accident is normally punished lighter than manslaughter, even if you're not rich. At least here. A drunk driver who kills someone would get a couple of years at most, while someone sober who runs away would get a little less.
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          Sava, your one liner trolls that have nothing to do with the thread are going to get you some time off if you keep it up. Cut the BS now.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Yes, but it makes you wonder what type of parent lets their kids play in the middle of the street.
                            In Palo Alto, depending on the area of town you're in and what street, it's pretty common. Many of the smaller streets on the SW side are interrupted every 3-5 blocks by creeks and drainage channels coming down from the foothills to drain into the south bay, and only major streets have bridges for cars. You have an effect of small neighborhoods a few blocks square with no through traffic, so it's common to have dogs, cats and kids cruise around nonchalantly, and kids can play frisbee or stickball or whatever.

PA also has a relatively huge cyclist population, and low speed limits on almost all streets, no real direct freeway access, stoplights out the wazoo, etc., so local drivers tend to be real slow, since there's no way than can go anywhere in a hurry.

As for the little *****, she got off way too lightly. If there was any indication that if the driver had stopped immediately and sought aid for the little girl, that she could have survived, then the driver should have been prosecuted for 2nd degree murder.
                            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

She got off light, that's for sure.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X