No announcement yet.

Hot Party Drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's it. You also have to add sugar (brown sugar, IIRC).
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Mexico's christmas fruit punch.
      (traditional)
      Ingredients.

15 lt. water
      sugar to taste
      100 grs. tamarind
      100 grs. jamaica flower
      1 cinnamon stick
      100 grs. raisins
      100 grs. prunes
      24 cloves
      1/4 kg. tejocotes
      4 cubed apples
      2 large cubed oranges (with orange peel)
      8 guavas chopped
      thin sugar cane strips (peeled)

Preparation.
      1. Boil water, add sugar enough to level fruit acidity.
      2. Add cinnamone and clove in two lts of water, let boil 5mins, add previously rinsed jamaica flower and turn off. let stand 20 mins.
      3. When large pot of water boils, add tejocotes previously poked with a fork, let boil on low flame for 20 mins.
      4. Add raisins and prunes
      5. Strain other pot, keep the liquid, discard cinnamon, clove and jamaica.
      6. Check for sugar taste, if it requires more, first disolve in hot water.
      7. Let boil again for five minutes. Turn off. Serve.
      Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

what are those effects like, Flad?

Comment

Originally posted by Firelad
          Mulled wine is when you spice some wine up and heat it? We've got a different name for it, can't spell it tho. My parents make it.... (Again, if we're talking of the same thing)
          Mulled wine is called mulled wine in Scotland, my Grandparents make it every Christmas. And it's bascially wine, cinnamon, ginger, sugar, sherry and brandy heated.

For hot alcohol, try a flaming lambourghini Or just flame your favourite shooter. We have stuff we get in a bar here called Bar Soviet that is so alcoholic, even when it's chilled it's hot. It's weird, it actually feels hot in temperature, and warms your mouth up, even when served cool. A thermomiter in it shows it to be about 4C, yet put your finger in it and it wil feel warm Great stuff, but does burn your throught. It's 88%, although I'm not sure what it's called, it just has 6 Russian Characters on the bottle.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

In college the SOS club (ski and snowboard) would put on a party the weekend after the first snow... the favorite their were Shnuggler = Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Schnoppz
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
            X