X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple sued by Beatles!!!!!

Yeah, it's true.

Read about it at Faux News

Haven't lawyers got anything better to do.
    Only feebs vote.

They have to protect their trademark or they lose it. Apple should have known better since they've been sued and lost twice.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Interesting:

The result of the suit was a huge cash settlement and a promise that the Apple logo and name would only be used for computers -- and never for a music company.

This may be a close case. Based on the last case (that Apple lost), they may have to pay big bucks for the iPod.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        They have to protect their trademark or they lose it. Apple should have known better since they've been sued and lost twice.
        But it's absurd to trademark an Apple. There are heaps of companies called Apple this and Apple that.

I mean Eve is going to sue them all.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't see why they should have lost the first case, but once they got involed with music, they should have known they were courting a lawsuit. You can't use the same trademark and sell the same product. You can be Apple or you can sell usic. You can't do both unless you're Apple Records.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

But it's absurd to trademark an Apple. There are heaps of companies called Apple this and Apple that.

They didn't trademark an Apple. They trademarked the corporate name 'Apple' for the music business. Makes sense.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

They didn't trademark an Apple. They trademarked the corporate name 'Apple' for the music business. Makes sense.
              AppleCorp doesn't sell records: it makes, presses and distributes them to companies that do. If the Beatles want to make themselves look like total ****s that's their business.

I imagine there'll be some sort of settlement over this. The last case was really stupid: they sued Apple Computer because the latter sold a computer with speakers.
              Last edited by Agathon; September 11, 2003, 22:01.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

AppleCorp doesn't sell records: it makes, presses and distributes them to companies that do.

That isn't part of the music business?

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  AppleCorp doesn't sell records: it makes, presses and distributes them to companies that do.

That isn't part of the music business?
                  AppleCorps is a boutique label set up to give the Beatles more money than they were getting from Parlophone.

I can't see why Jobs and co would be worried about this - no doubt they've costed it in already. Apple Computer could easily afford to buy Apple records out anyway - they were in talks to buy Universal Music this year.

Soon the music business will be a division of the computer business anyway given digital music, so AppleCorps position will become untenable. I imagine that's why they are striking now instead of waiting for the iTMS to hit Windows.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Counter suit...

Deja Vu.

There must of been a change to the matrix.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how "The Fab Four" translates into Apple.

The other thing is although Agathon says he hates Fox he seems to be reading it on a regular basis.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I have to tell you, being successfully sued by a record company for putting speakers on your computers shows that you possibly have the crappiest lawyers in the history of lawyerdom.

Comment

Soon the music business will be a division of the computer business anyway given digital music

Perhaps, but perhaps not. They still may be seperate businesses even if digital music proliferates.

I have to tell you, being successfully sued by a record company for putting speakers on your computers shows that you possibly have the crappiest lawyers in the history of lawyerdom.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                            The story I've heard is that the judge was some old moron who didn't know what a computer was.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

And you know, Imran, Apple had to have the crappiest lawyers not once, but twice. The first set should've put some sort of clause in the agreement along the lines of "from this day forward, Apple Computer has the right to...", thereby eliminating any future hassles along this line.

Then they get the craptacular lawyers again who lose the speaker lawsuit. How the hell did they lose that one?

Comment

Working...
                              X