Happy Mid Autumn Festival!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Mid Autumn Festival!

Take a look at the moon tonight, it's as big as it gets.

Now, has anyone ever tried making mooncakes themselves before, and how did it go?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

I was going to make an exact same thread. On second thought though, this day is kinda sensitive.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Unfortunately, tonight there is too much fog and air pollution in Shanghai to see the moon. It's drizzling as I write.

I always look forward to mooncakes, though! Still can't find ones as good as those from the Chinatown bakery I used to eat back in San Francisco ...
      Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Remind me to send you a tin next year

Here the weather is good. The moon is large and bright, and so is Mars
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Mooncakes! Thanks for reminding me. I really don't go in for the rest of the celebration but I like a few mooncakes.

Comment

I like the lanterns too. No, I am not a pyro, really

Comment

zhong1 qiu1 jie3 kuai4 le!

Comment

That's easy for you to say.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

So what is this, some sort of lunar pre-Equinox festival? The pagans round my way celebrate the equinox, but that's a couple of weeks away.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

We are having mooncakes tonight.

Should be nice and clear tonight on the US East Coast.
                    Old posters never die.
                    They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

Another reason why Jacksonville suck. No Autum Moon Festival.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Start your own

Comment

So what is this, some sort of lunar pre-Equinox festival? The pagans round my way celebrate the equinox, but that's a couple of weeks away.

No, it's just a warmup for "Respect for the Aged Day" on Monday. Three day weekend!
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                            The Mid-Autumn Festival is the 15th of the eighth month of the Chinese calendar. It is a lunar calendar adjusted to the solar cycles.

Anyway, the origin of the festival was lost in the mist of time, and many legends are now associted with it. One is about a woman stealing an immortality drug from a tyrant by swallowing it. Another one is about the overthrow of Mongols in China.

Link

Comment

Working...
                            X